We all dream of having a spacious bathroom, preferably a separate bathtub and shower, two sinks, and even a comfortable lounge chair to rest after bathing.
So, today we share with you 10 bathroom design principles. You can use some or all of these techniques to double your bathroom space.
01. Use White Color
One of the easiest ways to make a space look spacious is to use a lot of white: white tiles, white wall paint, white accessories, etc. White allows other colors to recede naturally, making the space look bigger. It can reflect any light instead of absorbing it.
The use of white is particularly effective in the bathroom. Since the bathtub, toilet and sink in the bathroom are basically white, the use of other white can make the space seamlessly connected, making the space transparent and creating a sense of expansion.
Using a lot of white does not mean pale and empty, lack of personality. Using different structural elements, such as light-colored stones or tiles with different textures, and a small amount of metal or wood intervention, can maintain a seamless appearance while also presenting the richness of the space.
02. Use Same Style Color
If you are not a fan of white, you can use warm beige, soft gray or even pink (pink blue, pink, etc.) to create a sense of spaciousness. Choose an elegant ceramic tile, and choose the matching color system for the rest of the wall. The overall effect is quiet and warm, and will not cause visual breaks and reduce your sense of space.
03. Use Floating Design
In a compact bathroom, balancing storage needs and a sense of spaciousness and freedom is a tricky issue. The suspended wash basin design is a good solution. It gives you a lot of space to store essentials. The empty space at the bottom is like an entrance and exit for air flow, which does not make people feel oppressed and tense.
04. Less is More
Less is more. If it is not necessary to have a large storage area, use small-sized wash basins to leave more open areas to make the space look bigger. If there is a bathtub next to the toilet, you need to leave enough space.
05. Use a mirror to enlarge the space.
A large enough mirror can double your space, especially in the bathroom. However, this kind of large mirror must be of good quality, and the size and thickness must be accurate, otherwise it will seriously affect the overall layout. A good mirror will have a very powerful effect, and you can make the room look perfect in just a few minutes.
06. Use Glass Doors
Another good way to expand the space is to use glass as a partition for the door or shower room. The visual extension makes the space look bigger. Especially in the shower.
If you are worried about privacy, you can use frosted or tinted glass, which can still achieve the effect of light transmission and will not make you feel cramped and depressed in the shower. If there is no special need, it is recommended to abandon the bathtub and install a shower room. The bathtub consumes a lot of valuable space, and the usage rate is extremely low.
07. Design a Suitable Alcove
Designing an open alcove in a suitable location can not only increase the storage space, but also increase the visual depth, making the wall look far beyond the real distance.
When designing alcove, you must communicate with professionals, because there will be many wires, pipelines, etc. in the wall of the bathroom.
08. Good Lighting
Good lighting is essential to make any space look bigger and more open, especially in bathrooms that don’t usually have much natural light. In addition, you also need good lighting in the bathroom to effectively perform shaving or makeup, so its importance does not need to be emphasized.
The key is to have a rich lighting scheme in the bathroom, and it is best to use multiple light sources in different locations. Ceiling lights (multiple bulbs can be used), or modern edge-lit mirrors will help you avoid shadows and make the space feel bright and open.
09. Create Long Lines
Whether your bathroom is typically rectangular or oddly shaped, you can always find a wall or area that is slightly longer than other places. Adding a shelf, a tile strip, or even a simple striped wall paint to these areas can help you lengthen the longest line in the room and draw the sight to the farthest position, giving the space a sense of extension.
10. Balance the Horizontal and Vertical Ratio
If your bathroom is already very long, narrow and tunnel-shaped, don't emphasize the length anymore, you must think more about stretching the width visually.
For example, in this long and narrow bathroom below, the tiles on the wall and the floor are laid in a horizontal splicing way, which invisibly increases the visual width, and the spatial balance becomes more harmonious.
When designing a functional kitchen, the rule of triangles should be kept in mind. That is, the sink, stove and refrigerator are arranged in a triangle. The L-shaped kitchen fits this triangle shape very well. The L-shaped layout is most suitable for small and medium-sized kitchens. The first-class kitchen is not only about the layout, but also about creating delicious food through the inspiration of the right layout.
1. The blank walls are decorated with a series of wall shelves and hanging rails for kitchen utensils.
2. This design allows flower pots to be stored in a space that is not large enough to accommodate a shelf.
3. This complete wooden kitchen extends its style beyond the corridor, to the adjacent wall and a room door.
4. The length of the double-window countertop looks magnificent, and the intricate patterns on the other wall balance the overall appearance.
5. Large potted plants form a natural separation between the kitchen and dining area.
6. Use inline mode to make full use of small space.
7. The combination of open shelves and multi-colored blocks is an interesting solution.
8. Minimalist kitchens can use handleless flat embedded-in-wall furniture.
9. Even the few special tiles can bring new colors to the pure white kitchen.
10. An open shelf occupies one wall, and a closed cabinet occupies another wall. Keep small spaces ventilated and open, instead of containing too many complex elements.
11. Floor tiles help make smaller spaces appear wider.
12. Horizontal stripes are another way to expand the space visually.
13. This extraordinary kitchen has a series of open and closed designs that can show and hide different appliances.
14. Two bar stools turn the end of a cabinet into a breakfast bar.
15. Wrap the work counter on the side of the end cabinet to get a stylish and luxurious appearance.
16. This L-shaped kitchen layout has corner windows and is dominated by pure yellow color blocks. It overlaps with half of the wall cabinet and finally passes through the window glass in the form of a colored film.
17. Add light wood tones and pleasant prints to the white kitchen to create a Scandinavian-style kitchen.
How to choose bathroom accessories set?
1. Style matching: pay attention to matching with the overall decoration style of the bathroom.
2. The bathroom hardware should be purchased as a set, which is cheaper than the single purchase. One set of bathroom accessories with unified design of the series is more complete and stylish. Avoid mismatching.
3. The material is preferably stainless steel, and the surface is chrome-plated. The biggest advantage of stainless steel material is strong stability, high density, heavy weight, high ductility and plasticity. And it can be designed in various shapes. It is plated with a layer of metallic chromium, which is bright, waterproof and rust-proof.
4. Pay attention to these details when choosing.
Surface plating determines if towel racks can last forever. Generally speaking, the brighter and finer the surface, the more uniform the color, and the better the mirror effect, the better the coating quality.
Pay attention to the material of the base. The material of the base determines the strength of the load-bearing capacity. Most manufacturers use zinc alloy materials. If it is stainless steel, it depends on which standard stainless steel is used.
Good bathroom accessories have flawless appearance. Touch can make a certain judgment on the product quality. Smooth touch without burrs is good surface treatment performance. Pay special attention to corners, welding positions, etc.
Don't think that after the new house is renovated, it will be as pleasing as the propaganda album. After the new house is renovated, a large amount of decoration waste will be generated. Dust, stains and marks from the decoration will be left on the walls and glass. Just like a baby who was just born, she will have a cute appearance after washing and putting on clean clothes.
Cleaning the newly renovated new home is an important task after decorating the new home. It is also the most laborious task. Facing a messy and unstructured new home, you don’t know where to start. Summarize the first cleaning experience after the renovation. We hope it will be of reference significance to you.
01 Cleaning Service
Those who are clueless about the cleaning of a new house can choose the cleaning service of a housekeeping company. Housekeeping companies have their own routines and tools for cleaning work. It is also a way to hand over professional cleaning work to them. The premise is to choose a qualified and high-quality housekeeping company. Services include: house dust removal, cleaning up decoration garbage, wiping glass, cleaning the floor, decontamination and disinfection of kitchen and toilet, cleaning up decoration traces, etc.
Notes on cleaning service
1. Organize a list of cleaning precautions, and list some areas that need special cleaning to avoid omissions. The decoration materials of each family are different. It is necessary to tell them some precautions, such as which places and areas cannot use water or chemical cleaners. These need to be communicated clearly with the housekeeping company before starting work.
2. Clearly state the materials of walls, floors, furniture, etc. that need to be cleaned, and let the staff prepare appropriate cleaning tools.
3. Communicate clearly about the tools needed for cleaning, which are brought by the staff and which are prepared by us.
4. Communicate clearly on the disposal method of the cleaned up waste, whether to throw it away or keep it somewhere.
5. Supervision, including whether to do a good job in dust prevention and cleaning of dead ends.
02 Clean Up by Yourself
Some people are unwilling to hand over their new homes to strangers to clean up, so they do their own cleaning work. Cleaning in person is nothing more than two things: preparing tools and clarifying the order of cleaning.
Preparation of Tools:
1. These will be used to clean the wall.
Small brush, sandpaper (to polish the paint on the wall), shovel, glass spatula, wet paper towel (to wipe the wallpaper), ladder.
2. These will be used to clean the ground.
Vacuum cleaner, mop, broom, nano sponge, rag (use a discarded old bed sheet; the size can be cut at will. It is big enough), dust cover, garbage bag.
3. Protective Equipment
Shoe covers, gloves, aprons, masks.
4. Cleaning Utensils
Detergents, maintenance agents, disinfectants, glue removers.
Cleaning follows the order from top to bottom and from the inside to the outside.
Start cleaning from the room first, and then go to the kitchen and living room. The bathroom can be placed last, because the bathroom is a place where water is used repeatedly during the cleaning process.
Like kitchens and bathrooms, where there are wall tiles, they need to be cleaned from top to bottom to clean up the gaps in the tiles and the paint spots and glue stains on the surface.
03 Cleaning Techniques
During the decoration process, many traces of material adhesion will be left, and some cleaning skills are required.
Tape print: Use a damp cloth to wet it for a while before wiping.
Paint traces: Use paint remover or turpentine.
Marker marks: Wipe with a rag or damp paper towel with some alcohol.
Tile stains: Use special detergent for tiles to clean, paint and drawing pen fluid can be cleaned with turpentine, pyruvic acid or alkali.
Cement on glass: If it is a small cement stain, wipe it with a damp cloth and then scrape it off with a spatula. If it is a stubborn and large cement block, you can use the toilet cleaner to remove it. The effect is very good.
Tips: The toilet cleaner is acidic. Wear gloves when using it and don't think that the toilet cleaner is effective in removing cement and use it on tiles and marble floors. In addition, do not use alkaline soap at the same time when removing the cement on the glass.
04 Cleaning Can Be Done Separately.
In fact, if the new house cleaning work is done step by step during the renovation process, the subsequent cleaning will not be so laborious. Separate the cleaning work to these renovation steps:
1. After the water supply line and electricity are completed, and the walls and ground are leveled, the whole house can be cleaned and clean up the discarded decoration garbage.
2. When laying tiles, remind the workers to wipe off the cement stains on the surface of the tiles after laying the tiles.
3. After painting the wall and floor, you can clean it again.
If you have other new house cleaning experience, please leave a message to share with us.
What are the advantages of the pull down kitchen faucet?
The pull-down kitchen faucet has the advantages of large cleaning range, 2 types of water outlet modes and automatic reset. It is more practical and comfortable to use than ordinary faucets, and the price difference is not much. Therefore, pull-down faucet is recommended. After all, the price is not expensive, it is more suitable to get it in one step, and it will be a lot more convenient to use.
Advantages of Pull Down Faucet
1. Large Cleaning Range
The pull-down faucet can not only be pulled out, but also can be rotated 360 degrees, which is much more convenient for washing countertops and pots.
2. Two kinds of Water Outlet Modes
The pull-down faucet has 2 water outlet modes, namely stream and spray modes. The spray shower type has a large and soft water range, which is suitable for washing fruits and vegetables. Don't worry about the impact of water on the fruits and vegetables to cause damage. The pull-down basin faucet makes it easy to wash your hair in the morning.
3. Precise And Automatic Return
The pull-down faucet has an automatic return function. After use, just release the faucet and it will automatically return to the main body. All series of pull-down faucets from Aquacubic are equipped with reflex control system, which can be pulled freely and return to position automatically after use. In general, the pull-down faucet is more practical and comfortable to use than the ordinary faucet, and the price is not much more expensive. Therefore, it is recommended that the newly decorated house can use the pull-down faucet. By the way, many have faucets that are particularly prone to water stains and fingerprint imprints. For this problem, Aquacubic has an anti-fingerprint series that does not leave fingerprints and water stains and is not easy to get oil stains. Just a quick wipe, faucet will be very clean. Even if it is not cleaned for a long time, it is always as new, which can reduce a lot of housework burden.
The bathroom is the wettest place in the house, and it is easy to breed bacteria if it is not properly cleaned. Next, learn these tips to make the bathroom as clean as new!
Clean the Faucet
Does the water stain on the faucet look dirty? Water stain can be removed with one trick! Mix the white vinegar and baking soda powder evenly, put the toilet paper in and soak it completely, then cover the faucet for 30 to 60 minutes, uncover it and rinse with water.
Cleaning the Shower Head
If the shower head is used for a long time, there will be a layer of scale on the surface, which looks dirty, and even more serious it will block the water outlet! You can take a plastic bag, pour white vinegar, wrap the shower head and fix it with a rubber band, soak it for 1 hour and then dry it with a dry towel. The shower head will be as clean as new. A clean shower head is much more comfortable to use!
Cleaning the Toilet
1. For yellow stains that are difficult to remove in the toilet, you can sprinkle with baking soda and soak in hot water for half an hour before washing. Remember to cover the water outlet on the inner edge of the toilet with toilet paper soaked in baking soda solution to achieve the purpose of soaking. The same goes for squatting toilets!
2. If conditions permit, you can remove the toilet lid and clean the gap.
3. Add some white vinegar to the water tank, which not only has the effect of disinfection and sterilization, but also removes the scale attached to the inner wall of the water tank.
Cleaning Bathroom Tiles
The joints of toilet tiles can easily turn yellow and black. Dip and use a toothbrush with washing powder, toothpaste or baking soda can effectively brush off stains. Remember to clean up water stains every time you use the bathroom!
Cleaning the Exhaust Fan
Exhaust fans can help keep the toilet dry, but because of the inconvenience of cleaning, it is often overlooked by us and becomes a place to hide dirt!
1. Remove the fan cover, soak it in soapy water and wash it, and then dry it.
2. Soak the rag in soapy water, wring it out, and carefully scrub the fan blades and vents. Finally wipe it with a dry towel.
3. Install the dried fan cover as it is.
Cleaning the Mirror
Bathroom mirrors are often stained with toothpaste, water stains and other things. At this time, you might as well use the leftover black tea bag to gently wipe the spots on the mirror, and then wipe it with a dry cloth to restore it to new.
Clean Rust Stains
The bathroom is damp. In case the metal utensils rust, you can cut the lemon in half, squeeze the lemon juice on the rust stains, soak for 10 minutes, brush off with a brush, and finally clean it with clean water.
There are many bottles and cans in the bathroom. You can apply a layer of nail polish on the bottom of the rust-prone material in advance to prevent rust.
Buying a new bathroom sink faucet can be a challenging task. You have to consider many factors, such as installation, types, and finishes.
Also, a wide variety of brands and faucets are available. The bathroom sink is a vital fixture, so selecting the correct faucet is essential.
Here are the steps for how to choose a faucet for your bathroom sink.
3 Tips on Choosing a Faucet
If you want to switch from two handles to one, you have to think about the number of holes in the sink.
Most sinks have three holes: one for the hot handle, one for the cold and one under the spout.
Some single-handle faucets include a cover plate to hide the extra holes. But some don't, so check the label.
If you currently have a “wide spread” bathroom faucet with two handles far from the spout,
you can’t switch to a single-handle model.
2. Faucet Types
Ⅰ. Single-hole faucets combine the spout and mixing handles—often a single lever—into one unit that requires only one drilled sink hole.
For retrofits, some models include a bottom plate that will cover existing three-hole openings. Single-hole faucets are ideal for smaller sinks,
such as powder room baths. Their simplicity reflects modern sensibilities.
Ⅱ. Center-set faucets fit standard three-hole sinks (with outer holes drilled 4 inches apart). They'll have either a single lever or
two handles mounted on a 6-inch plate. They're ideal for most bathroom sinks.
Ⅲ. Widespread mounts have three separate pieces: Two handles and the spout.
The standard distance between the handles is at least 8 inches, and the three pieces tend to be larger than other types of bath faucets.
Smaller versions, called minispreads, are designed for standard holes drilled 4 inches apart.
Ⅵ. Wall mount faucets have gained popularity along with freestanding or vessel-type sinks that require longer spouts
that extend well over the top of the bowl. Not every faucet fixture can be easily categorized. Kohler, for example,
makes a faucet that's integrated into a mirrored wall cabinet.
All you see is the tiny flow control lever peeking out from the bottom of your mirrored self.
3. Faucet Finishes
Choose a finish that matches nearby cabinet hardware, towel bars, etc. Mismatches look bad. If you plan to replace existing hardware,
your choice of faucet finishes is wide open. The vast majority of faucets have polished chrome, satin nickel or bronze finishes.
All of these finishes are durable and keep their good looks for years. But some are more durable than others.
Chrome is the most durable finish and the easiest to keep clean-that's why it's always been the favorite
for commercial kitchens and public bathrooms. If your faucet gets heavy use, it's your best bet for long-term toughness.
Nickel finishes are usually labeled “brushed,” “satin” or “stainless steel” and have a dull shine.
They're durable but prone to fingerprints and water spots, so they're harder to keep clean.
Some have a coating that reduces stains and smudges, but that coating isn't as durable as metal and may chip or wear.
Bronze faucets have a brownish tone and are often called “oiled” or “rubbed” bronze.
But the surface is a coating (such as epoxy) rather than metal.
This coating is tough stuff, but can be chipped or scratched more easily than metal.
There are no ifs in life, and even more for decorations. There is no what ifs after the decoration is finished. In order to avoid this kind of regret, we summarized many kitchen decoration experiences for you.
1. The most durable cabinet door panel is the fireproof panel, the shortest life span is the blister, the most non scratch resistant is the painted, the most expensive is the solid wood, and the cheapest is the double veneer.
2. The stainless steel countertop is the most durable, the artificial stone is the least resistant to dirt, and the quartz stone is the most expensive. If used frequently, stainless steel countertops are the most suitable. If the color tone is cold, you can use panels and tiles appropriately.
3. The stainless steel embossing countertop is less scratched than the brushed countertop.
4. The stove must have small openings on the surface to prevent the soup from overflowing into the stove.
5. The sink must have a bottom grid to prevent the sewer from being blocked and to facilitate cleaning.
6. When renovating water pipe and electricity, you must think about the cabinet layout and electrical requirements. Be sure to reserve enough sockets. It is better to keep sockets on the front and rear walls. Waterproof covers are not necessary.
7. If most of the gas pipes are wrapped in the cabinet, it is best to leave a gas alarm socket.
8. The tiles in the kitchen can be matte or polished, which are easier to clean. Don't choose pitted or rough models, which are difficult to take care of.
9. If you rarely cook, consider an open style. If cook much, it is safer to be closed. No matter how good a range hood is, it is impossible to suck all the fumes away.
10. The hose must be replaced every two years.
11. In addition to the main valve, it is better to have separate valves for gas stoves and gas water heaters, so that they can be closed easily when problems occur.
12. The sink drain must be made S-bend, otherwise the smell will return.
13. Do not apply glue between the stove and the countertop to facilitate safety inspection.
14. When installing the side range hood, it is better to be as close to the stove as possible.
15. If you install an ordinary or European-style range hood, it is better to install a thin stainless steel plate on the tile around the stove, so that it can be easily cleaned.