Views:1 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-12-03 Origin:Site
The kitchen sink is a kitchen ware that every family must have. Because the sink is used most frequently in the kitchen, the kitchen sink must be installed carefully in order to avoid some troubles when using the sink later.
The installation of the kitchen sink is not a major project, but you must pay attention to the details. If you want to rework, it will involve cabinets and countertops, and the workload is huge.
When the kitchen sink is actually installed, although it can be placed in the final process of the kitchen, it needs to be considered when designing the cabinets at the beginning. The cabinet design should leave a space for the sink, at least to ensure that the sink can be installed. Also, when making the countertop, an approximate size of the sink must be provided to facilitate the opening of the countertop. Of course, it is best to have a specific drawing size. Then tell the workers who make the countertops, which way you want to install the sink, above counter, farmhouse, or under counter? Because the hole size of each installation method is a little different.
The following introduces some basic processes and details of the kitchen sink installation, so that you can know what should be paid attention to when checking.
1) When the sink is installed, the faucet and the water pipe are usually installed at the same time. The current faucets are generally hot and cold, so you have to connect the hot and cold water pipes, and don't get confused.
2) After the faucet is installed, connect the drain set. The overflow hole pipe and the downhole pipe are directly connected. If you need to connect the waste water pipe of the dishwasher or water purifier, you can first connect a tee to the drain pipe of the sink. All joints must be kept tightly sealed, otherwise there will be problems such as water leakage and water seepage.
3) If the sink is equipped with an installation buckle, it is necessary to fasten the installation buckle to prevent displacement and unevenness of the sink.
4) After the sink is installed, a leak and drainage test should be done. The method of testing is to fill the sink with water and see if there is any leak in the tank. Because the quality of some sinks is not good enough, there will be blisters, cracks and other reasons on the finished product that cause the sink to leak. If there is no leak, open the drain and let the sink perform a drain test. When draining, pay attention to whether there is water leakage at each interface of the sewer pipe, whether the tank drains smoothly, and whether there are too many residual water marks.
5) After doing a series of tests, if there is no problem, the edges around the sink can be sealed. Applying waterproof glue, and doing some beautification work in the follow-up. Now we have basically completed the entire installation of the sink.
During the entire installation process of the sink, the most important thing is to pay attention to the tightness. Pay attention to the contact position of the sink and the countertop or the junction of the water pipe. So as not to cause water leakage. After the sink is installed, most houses are still in the process of renovation. So keep the sink tidy and clean, and try not to expose it. Too much dust and debris will fall in the sink during decoration. If it is not cleaned up in time for a long time, it may cause problems such as watermarks and rust in the sink.
So after installing the sink, clean the sink, try to wipe off the water stains, and then cover it with a plastic cloth. When you check in later, you can open it and clean it up again. Basically, it can avoid watermarks and rust in the sink after moving in.