Buying a new bathroom sink faucet can be a challenging task. You have to consider many factors, such as installation, types, and finishes.
Also, a wide variety of brands and faucets are available. The bathroom sink is a vital fixture, so selecting the correct faucet is essential.
Here are the steps for how to choose a faucet for your bathroom sink.
3 Tips on Choosing a Faucet
If you want to switch from two handles to one, you have to think about the number of holes in the sink.
Most sinks have three holes: one for the hot handle, one for the cold and one under the spout.
Some single-handle faucets include a cover plate to hide the extra holes. But some don't, so check the label.
If you currently have a “wide spread” bathroom faucet with two handles far from the spout,
you can’t switch to a single-handle model.
2. Faucet Types
Ⅰ. Single-hole faucets combine the spout and mixing handles—often a single lever—into one unit that requires only one drilled sink hole.
For retrofits, some models include a bottom plate that will cover existing three-hole openings. Single-hole faucets are ideal for smaller sinks,
such as powder room baths. Their simplicity reflects modern sensibilities.
Ⅱ. Center-set faucets fit standard three-hole sinks (with outer holes drilled 4 inches apart). They'll have either a single lever or
two handles mounted on a 6-inch plate. They're ideal for most bathroom sinks.
Ⅲ. Widespread mounts have three separate pieces: Two handles and the spout.
The standard distance between the handles is at least 8 inches, and the three pieces tend to be larger than other types of bath faucets.
Smaller versions, called minispreads, are designed for standard holes drilled 4 inches apart.
Ⅵ. Wall mount faucets have gained popularity along with freestanding or vessel-type sinks that require longer spouts
that extend well over the top of the bowl. Not every faucet fixture can be easily categorized. Kohler, for example,
makes a faucet that's integrated into a mirrored wall cabinet.
All you see is the tiny flow control lever peeking out from the bottom of your mirrored self.
3. Faucet Finishes
Choose a finish that matches nearby cabinet hardware, towel bars, etc. Mismatches look bad. If you plan to replace existing hardware,
your choice of faucet finishes is wide open. The vast majority of faucets have polished chrome, satin nickel or bronze finishes.
All of these finishes are durable and keep their good looks for years. But some are more durable than others.
Chrome is the most durable finish and the easiest to keep clean-that's why it's always been the favorite
for commercial kitchens and public bathrooms. If your faucet gets heavy use, it's your best bet for long-term toughness.
Nickel finishes are usually labeled “brushed,” “satin” or “stainless steel” and have a dull shine.
They're durable but prone to fingerprints and water spots, so they're harder to keep clean.
Some have a coating that reduces stains and smudges, but that coating isn't as durable as metal and may chip or wear.
Bronze faucets have a brownish tone and are often called “oiled” or “rubbed” bronze.
But the surface is a coating (such as epoxy) rather than metal.
This coating is tough stuff, but can be chipped or scratched more easily than metal.
Whether the bathroom is beautiful and high-end mainly depends on the bathroom cabinet. Therefore, in order to achieve attractive looking and high practicability, the bathroom cabinet must have the characteristics of exquisite appearance and strong storage capacity.
Below, we have sorted out 20 high-value bathroom cabinets to see if there are any designs you like. If the bathroom in your home has not been renovated, the following overall design is also good for reference.
1. The bathroom with yellow walls and white fittings, plus retro fancy floor tiles, gives you a quite warm feeling. Round mirror + above counter basin + hollow under counter cabinet, this kind of bathroom cabinet design has both aesthetics and storage function. Really like it.
2. If the home is modern & simple style, this one looks really good. Grey and white are very stylish. If the bathroom is not so big, you can install one wash basin. With the design of mirror cabinet + wall cabinet, there is plenty of storage space. If you are afraid that it is hard to clean the countertop when using an above counter basin, then choosing an under counter basin is also good.
3. This is also a simple style. The mirror is on top, which has the effect of extending the view of the bathroom. You can also refer to this design for a small bathroom. The handle-less design of the under counter cabinet is really advanced.
4. This bathroom cabinet adopts the design of round mirror + above counter basin + layered wall cabinet. The log counter top is in harmony with the wood grain tiles on the wall and floor of the shower area. The overall design and style are unified.
5. This is a gray-green tone. Two drawer type lockers. Moreover, clothes that need to be washed can be placed under the wall cabinet. It is particularly practical and convenient.
6. This is a log style. The design of rock under-counter basin + log wall cabinet. There is the feeling of close to the nature. Gives a sense of tranquility.
7. This is a combination of simple + log style. If your bathroom has the same layout, you can also refer to the storage design in the picture above. Shelves are placed on the right. The bathroom cabinet also has the function of a washing machine cabinet. And there is a drawer for storage. A storage basket can be placed under the wall cabinet, which is also very practical.
8. This is a black and white match. The round mirror is matched with a black log cabinet. Very simple and clean. Patterned bricks are used to pave the ground. The bathroom reveals a retro atmosphere.
9. This log bathroom cabinet is in harmony with the orange wall. There is a color matching effect with the toilet area. Show a lively atmosphere as a whole.
10. This is a double wash basin design, suitable for larger bathrooms. But to be honest, the mirror tops the ceiling, which has the effect of lengthening the bathroom, making the bathroom look taller and larger.
11. This bathroom cabinet design is more stable and advanced. Especially suitable for business people, the overall style is very high-end.
12. This bathroom cabinet is beige and floor standing model. Fashionable with a little American style. The mirror is built-in, and there is a light strip design inside. Very nice.
13. This bathroom is a light luxurious design. Use dark blue with white. There is also a light gray bathroom cabinet as an auxiliary color. Simple and advanced.
14. When you are worried that the bathroom is too monotonous or mediocre, you can refer to the design above. The bathroom cabinet is gray-blue, which is particularly conspicuous and adds a deep sense.
15. This bathroom cabinet is light luxury American style. The handle and towel bar are made of polished gold metal. There are lights on both sides of the mirror to increase lighting. The design of four large drawers greatly increases the storage space of the bathroom.
16. The wood color and marble blend so well. Small bathroom can also refer to the picture above. Install a wall cabinet above the toilet to improve storage capacity. The handleless design is very advanced.
17. This is a marble paving floor and wall. Matched with dark gray bathroom cabinets. Simple and advanced.
18. This bathroom cabinet is very artistic. Retro floor tiles match dark green bathroom cabinets. The semi-hanging basin makes the whole look harmonious and distinctive.
19. This is a simple white bathroom cabinet with no handle design. In-wall faucet. Clothes that need to be washed can be put under the wall cabinet.
20. The main color of this bathroom is white and gray. The gray-green bathroom cabinets very well increase the vitality of the bathroom.
After the shower is turned off, the water still runs. Is it a quality problem?
Have you encountered a problem like this? After the shower was turned off, the water still ticked out. Sometimes after turning off for a long time, the water still flows out suddenly, and it flows fast. This is how it happened. Today, let's take a look at "The sudden water flow problem after the shower is turned off".
Regarding this problem, at first it was suspected that it was a shower quality problem. In order to clarify it, we also specially checked our showers, but this kind of situation still occurs. Later, we asked a professional to figure out that the water running after the shower was turned off was because of the water stored in the top spray and the shower pipe.
Professional explanation: In order to pursue the comfort of showering, the current shower head sprays are very large. The bigger it is, the more water there is after turning off the faucet. After use, the air pressure inside the shower is in equilibrium with the atmospheric pressure, so the water inside will not flow out temporarily. After some time, the water will flow out when the balance is lost. This is a problem with large-top showers. It is not that the shower is leaking or broken, so you can rest assured if you encounter this problem. If it is a constant dripping and leaking, then it is a quality problem.
So what should I do if the shower really leaks?
Analyze the factors of the shower leakage first. The main points are as follows:
1. The shower nozzle is blocked. If it is used for a long time, the water output will become smaller. If the water quality is not good, the water contains a lot of alkali, and scale deposits on the water outlet cause the shower to be blocked. At this time, it has to be resolved by the seller of the shower. Therefore, it is very important to choose a reliable seller.
2. Shower plating. Many people have found that the surface paint on the shower can peel off. It will be ugly after the paint is peeled off. If you have just bought a shower that has this problem, it will affect the appearance. In addition, some poor-quality showers will block because of paint falling off. So we have to take a closer look at the surface of the purchased shower for these problems.
When purchasing a shower, you must carefully observe whether the surface of the shower is smooth or not. If it is rough to the touch, it may be processed twice.
3. The material of the shower. Some showers are made of plastic or cast iron. The plastic shower head may contain a lot of waste material, and the service life will not be long. Of course, some hand showers that use plexiglass, ABS and other materials are still very good. However, it is not recommended that you choose the shower head made of cast iron, which is easy to rust. Many people who chose this shower are very regretful, because it didn't take long for it to rust. It's ugly, and it also blocked the water outlet and broke the entire shower. At present, the better material is copper.
After knowing the reason, we can come to a solution. There are mainly the following solutions for leakage in the shower:
1. Leakage at the steering ball of the shower head. First unscrew the shower head from the steering ball ring, find the O-ring or similar seal inside and replace it, and then turn the shower head back. Just go to the original position.
2. Leakage occurs at the joint of the handheld shower. Select the right size shower hose and shower head according to the specifications, replace its rubber ring, and reinstall it.
3. Water leakage caused by gravel or sediment. Unscrew the shower head for cleaning. If necessary, soak the parts with vinegar and scrub the parts. Take care to avoid scratching it. If the shower head is an adjustable spray type, carefully check all movable parts for signs of excessive wear. If the rotating handle cannot move smoothly, the internal cam may be broken, and the entire shower head needs to be replaced.
4. The spray mode from the shower head becomes a mixture of spray and rain mode. If the shower is used for a long time, the water output will decrease. It may be because the water quality is not good, the water contains a lot of alkali, and the scale deposits on the water outlet cause the shower to be blocked. It is also very simple to solve. For the shower head designed with silica gel particles, just gently knead it. If the scale is serious, you can put white vinegar in a plastic bag, wrap the shower and soak for some time, then rinse with water.
Aquacubic is a professional manufacturer for bath and kitchen products since 2010. We can provide full solution for construction project contractors and wholesalers.
The products include faucets, sinks, basins, bathroom accessories, shower sets, shower rooms, ceramic basins, bathtubs, etc.
Look forward to cooperating with you.
Thanks a lot!
Speaking of bathroom, the first thing many people think of is that we must separate wet and dry functions. After all, the traditional integrated type is too inconvenient to use. The bathroom is always wet, and even the towels have a musty smell. With the improvement of people's living standards, more and more people hope that the bathroom can be truly hygienic.
Three-way separation, that is, the basin area, shower area and toilet area are completely separated.
Advantages of three-way separation:
First, each washing area is an independent space, ensuring privacy while isolating smell and humidity;
Second, improve safety, especially for families with the elderly and children, and reduce the possibility of slipping due to water in the bathroom;
Third, ensure the cleanliness of the bathroom, and extend the service life.
How to create a three-way separation for a 3 square meter bathroom?
As soon as you enter the room, it is the washing area, which is the most frequently used area in the entire bathroom, so placing it at the door does not affect the use of other areas.
The middle position is the toilet area. The small toilet is separated by a baffle to form an independent space. If you feel that it is not private enough, you can install a small shower curtain to completely separate the toilet area. This is generally not recommended. After all, it affects the appearance, and it also gives people the feeling of being cramped.
The square space uses all the walls. A few niches or horizontal partitions are placed on one end of the bathtub to hold bath towels and clothes. The bath area is designed in the innermost part, the edge of the bathtub itself is an isolation belt, and the shower head is installed on the wall at the other end of the bathtub, which is convenient and does not take up space.
Although the square space is not very easy to handle, it can be regarded as "excellent brushwork" through this elaborate design.
Compared with a square bathroom, a rectangular space will make the best use of everything.
The same is the wash area next to the door. The difference is that the rectangular space also has a place to put the washing machine. When you take a shower, you can throw your clothes into the washing machine.
Placing the toilet and shower in parallel on the innermost side and covering the tub with a shower curtain.
The above are two designs of 3 square meters bathroom. Of course, there are more design styles, such as a sliding folding door instead of a shower curtain.
This folding door design not only saves space, but also has good privacy. Very practical.
With some simple lighting, the bathroom can also be a beautiful scenery.
The barn door design completely separates the bathroom area.
A small bathroom doesn't necessarily need a bathtub. But if removing the wall partition and replace it with a shower curtain, there will be bathtub area.
The shower room can be placed in the triangular area at the corner of the bathroom to form a fan-shaped area, which is the most space-saving.
It is best to use a small size. After all, if the toilet is too big, it doesn't seem to be of much use except for taking up space.
What are the precautions for the three-way separation?
Because the space is relatively small, the tones of the floor tiles and the walls should be matched reasonably. It is best to focus on warm colors, which are swelling colors. They have the effect of "expanding" the space.
Try to choose a mirror as large as possible. The role of a large mirror is the same as the color tone, which increases the sense of space.
The corners must not be wasted. Simple wooden shelves and niches are good storage methods.
The last thing we must pay attention to is ventilation. It is important to reduce odors.
In addition to the practicality of the apartment renovation, we also pay attention to its beauty. For example, choose wall-mounted toilets and washbasins; choose concealed baseboards; hide all the pipes; improve the overall aesthetics!
Concealed showers are more beautiful than exposed showers.
There are mainly the following 3 ways to install the shower:
1) Exposed installation: the water inlet pipe and mixing valve of the shower are exposed outside, which is not beautiful enough;
2) Concealed pipe installation: The inlet pipe is buried in the wall and the mixing valve is outside. This is most commonly used method;
3) Concealed installation: Completely opposite to the first type, the inlet pipe and the return valve are installed inside the wall. Leaving only the switch and the water outlet outside. Although it is beautiful, the process is complicated.
For concealed showers, there are also two different styles:
1) Top sprayer and hand shower
Look at the picture, the top shower head is matched with a hand-held shower head at the bottom. In this way, you need to determine the size of the shower head before renovation. And do the drilling and wiring layout. In terms of installation, this method is relatively simple.
2) With additional side spray
This is based on the former, plus a side spray function. During renovation, pre-installed in-wall boxes and multiple valve cores are required to match the water outlet. You can imagine how complicated this approach is! How to install it? Look down.
First determine the number of side nozzles (usually 2-6); the in-wall installed valve core has multiple outlet connection ports, from the valve core to the main water inlet, other outlets, top spray showers and hand showers; Secondly, cement leveling is required between the valve core and the wall, and in-wall installed parts are also used to stabilize; then leveling, waterproofing and pressing are performed to see if there is any leakage; the last step is to sticking ceramic tiles.
Compared with the exposed installation, the appearance of the concealed shower is certainly more attractive. However, the maintenance is complicated and cannot be ignored. The water pipe fittings of the exposed shower are all on the outside. If the concealed shower needs to be repaired, we can only break the wall! But if you choose a good quality shower, except for the water pipe problem, you don't need to break the wall under normal circumstances.
If you really like the appearance, it is not a big problem to choose a concealed shower. But if you are still worried about renovation and later maintenance, it is recommended not to try it.
Shower Purchase Skills
1. When choosing a shower, try to make the shower tilted (to see the water effect). If the top spray holes are obviously small or there is no water at all, it shows that the internal design of the shower is very low. It is impossible for the user to have a comfortable experience.
2. Look at the coating and valve core. Under normal circumstances, the brighter and more delicate the surface of the shower, the better the coating process. The high-quality shower uses high-quality ceramic valve core, which has high hardness and wear resistance, and is not easy to drip. The rotating adjustment handle is also very smooth.
3. Everyone knows that if the shower is used for a long time, there will be scale and impurities deposits, which will block the water outlet. If the mesh cover cannot be cleaned, the shower will not discharge water normally; in order to avoid the blockage of the water outlet due to poor water quality. All the shower nozzles should stick out for easy cleaning.
4. Shower accessories will directly affect the comfort of our shower. This cannot be ignored. For example, whether the lifting rod of the shower is flexible. Whether the shower joint is equipped with anti-twist ball bearings. Whether there is a rotation controller on the lifting rod, etc.
5. The water-saving function of the shower is the key point to be considered when purchasing the shower. Some showers use a steel ball valve core, and are equipped with a hot water controller, which can adjust the inflow of hot water into the mixing tank, so that the hot water can flow out quickly and accurately. This type of shower with a reasonable design saves 50% of water compared to ordinary showers.
1. Do a good job of cleaning up during installation, especially the valve core. During the decoration, it is inevitable that decoration dust or even large particles of impurities enter the water supply pipe. If it is not cleaned up, these impurity particles will enter the valve core of the shower faucet, easily causing blockage or even destroying the internal structure of the valve core. If the shower has little water output, it is very likely that the cleaning work is not in place.
2. To ensure safety, equipotential terminals are indispensable.
An electric shock prevention system is indispensable in the bathroom: equipotential terminal. After all, compared with other spaces, the bathroom is accompanied by water all the year round, and the risk is relatively high. Connect with the equipotential terminal to prevent leakage, electric shock, and avoid dangerous situations.
There are a large number of shower options. So everyone can try to choose different showers. Traditional showers have gradually been eliminated. We must learn to keep up with the trend in renovation project.
Aquacubic is a professional manufacturer for bath and kitchen products since 2010. We can provide full solution for construction project contractors and wholesalers. The products include faucets, sinks, basins,
bathroom accessories, shower sets, shower rooms, ceramic basins, bathtubs, etc.
Look forward to cooperating with you.
Thanks a lot!
As a manufacturer of sanitary products for more than 11 years, we have seen many customers whose bathrooms are really full of functions. Although it is small, the functions are still very diverse. Have to admire!
Modern decoration requires both practical functions and individual style, so the budget is often difficult to control. The bathroom space usage rate is high. If you can save it everywhere, rework and repair will occur, and the gains will outweigh the losses. At the same time, the cost of furniture and decoration can also be spent more or less. The following are some small details on the bathroom decoration, which can save costs time and time again!
1) Waterproofing is essential for walls.
Waterproofing in the bathroom is very important, not only to choose high-quality materials, but also to ensure professional painting. The wall waterproof in the wet area should be at least 180cm above the ground and 50cm for other places. The ground waterproofing generally needs to be brushed twice and a 24-hour closed water test should be carried out. Wall corners, water pipes, etc. should also be carefully done.
Ceramic tiles are the highlight of bathroom decoration. And the wall area is large. You can choose relatively economical tiles to ensure the waterproof performance. You can also directly paint with waterproof paint where it is not in the shower area. It will reduce cost.
Mosaics with rich patterns can enhance the visual aesthetics of the space. And to reduce material costs and manual laying costs, mosaics can be laid only on key positions. Tiles, waist line and top line can be selected according to your own needs to control the cost of decoration.
The original light-body wall is removed and replaced with a transparent glass wall, which expands the visual area of the space and also saves costs.
Mosaic paving requires a high labor cost, so you can find a large mosaic-like wall tile to pave the wall, which can save a lot of money. Since there are fewer gaps between large-size mosaic tiles, the amount of caulking agent is correspondingly reduced, which is often used for reference and selection in home decoration.
2) The floor area should be beautiful and non-slip.
Safety should be placed in the most important position, and slip resistance should be considered in the selection of floor tiles. At the same time, the human body will directly touch the ground, so the quality of materials should be paid attention to. Bright floor tiles are relatively slippery, so use them as little as possible in the bathroom, and use matte floor tiles or tiles with good anti-slip properties.
When paving the floor tiles, the slope must be appropriate, and the floor drain must be the lowest point so that the water can flow smoothly. The floor tiles should be made of whole tiles as much as possible, and the gap between the tiles should be controlled at about 2mm.
The area of decorative tiles on the ground is smaller than that of the wall. The use of interval paving can save the budget, and only use the same pattern of tiles to be separated by more than one tile.
If you want to create a low-cost bathroom with a natural texture, you can use wood-grain tiles instead of waterproof solid wood, which also has the characteristics of natural patterns, elegant colors, and easier matching with other sanitary wares.
Paving decal tiles in the bathroom can improve the monotonous bathroom style. In the actual construction process, the cost of laying decal tiles is much cheaper than mosaic.
When special-shaped handmade tiles are laid on the ground, they should be from the inside out, the gap between the tiles should be controlled within 8mm, and the height of the caulking agent should be level with the tiles. The paving of this kind of tiles should be carried out in sequence according to the serial number on the back to avoid waste caused by rework.
3) Cleverly arrange the exposed and concealed sanitary ware.
The bathroom is a place where multiple channels of water and electricity converge. In the early stage of renovation, it is necessary to choose quality water pipes, wires, etc. And the wiring must comply with the regulations to avoid water leakage due to design and material selection problems.
As the space expands and functions increase, there are more and more electrical appliances in the bathroom. If you want to install smart toilet lids, integral shower rooms, massage bathtubs, multi-functional bathroom cabinets, etc., you must first make the sockets during the decoration to avoid rewiring in the future and increase the trouble.
The plumbing renovation of the bathroom is most laborious. If you want to save this part of the cost, the pipeline must be open-lined, without slotting, and future maintenance can also save a lot of costs.
In addition, avoid excessive wiring when rebuilding waterways and circuits. Use multi-hole sockets as much as possible on the panel of the socket. Under the premise of the same number of wires, you can plug in more electrical appliances. The wiring of the space is reconstructed with open wires, and the wires are routed from the top. The outer wall of the pipe is painted with waterproof paint, which saves a lot of labor costs and is also convenient for maintenance.
The bathrooms are uniformly decorated in black and white tones, simple and generous. The upper and lower water pipes of the sanitary ware are made of metal material, which has a long service life and is not easy to be damaged.
The space matching has been cleverly designed. The cement wall is matched with solid wood floor tiles, which is elegant and warm, satisfying practical functions and beautiful.
4) Shower Area
The quality of the glass used in the shower room is closely related to the safety of the bathroom. Fine tempered glass is generally difficult to break, and it will not hurt people when broken. Therefore, when choosing, don't be greedy for temporary cheapness, and try to choose high-quality, well-reputed brands.
The frame of the shower room is usually made of aluminum alloy, and the surface is sprayed with plastic, so it is not corroded or rusty. The thickness of the main frame aluminum alloy is preferably 1.1mm or more, which is not easy to deform.
In addition to professional brand shower rooms, the shower area can also be separated from dry and wet areas with various partitions. Common glass partitions only need to be installed on one side when combined with the wall, which saves costs by using less materials.
At the same time, the installation of the shower room can be omitted. The base of the shower room mainly plays the role of heat preservation and drainage, and the material is mostly acrylic.
The shower area is separated by a glass wall, and the ground is transitioned by steps to create a semi-enclosed shower space. The glass partition is directly fixed with hardware without reaching the top, which gives the space better permeability.
A wall serves as a partition, separating the wash area from the shower area. The interior of the wash area is covered with ceramic tiles, the exterior is painted with waterproof paint, and the key parts are strengthened.
5) Wash Area
The floor drain is most commonly used for sink, and the wall mount type can be used for more advanced spaces. It is best to have all S-bends to prevent upward odor. Basins are divided into above-counter basins, under-counter basins and wall-mounted basins. Above counter basins for households are more suitable and easy to install. The under counter basin is suitable for a large area bathroom, and the installation is relatively complicated.
Small-space or low-budget families can abandon the overall bathroom cabinet, and use a transparent iron frame to save space and leave more space for the legs. Mirror cabinets and recessed cabinets are more suitable for small spaces and complete the storage function of the bathroom. To reduce the cost of decoration, you can choose a single color and simple style in the decoration, and match it with retro copper-colored, metal-colored faucets or mirror lights to create highlights.
Build the washstand with cement, and place storage baskets underneath. The wall-mounted faucet is highly decorative, but the size must be measured accurately in advance, otherwise it cannot be installed, which will affect the use.
There is no special furniture under the basin; only metal racks are used to save costs and place toiletries.
Aquacubic is a professional manufacturer for bath and kitchen products since 2010. We have rich experience and passion in bath and kitchen industry and appreciate your contacting and business. Look forward to cooperating with you. Thanks a lot!
This article introduces the three main components of the faucet. It will help you to understand the quality and material of faucets we use everyday. Uncover all the mysteries of the faucet.
Part 1: Composition
The three most basic components of a faucet: main body, plating and cartridge.
01 Main Body
The main body is the torso part of the faucet. The water flows in and out of the main body all the time. So the material is important. It determines the water quality.
Copper Alloy Faucet
Copper alloy is currently recognized as the most suitable main material for home use faucet, and the mainstream is brass. On the one hand, copper has good machinability, fluidity and formability. On the other hand, because copper ions have a bactericidal effect, they can kill super bacteria such as MRSA within 30 minutes and prevent the bacteria from producing antibodies. The inner wall of the copper faucet will not breed bacteria and become the most suitable carrier for "water".
According to different proportions of copper content in copper alloys, copper alloy materials can be divided into 52, 55, 59 and 62 copper. Among them, 59 copper is the best. The content of copper metal is 58%-60%, the content of lead metal is 0.08%-0.2%, and the content of other elements is about 2%. The remaining metal is basically zinc.
Because lead metal will precipitate when water enters the faucet, it will pollute the water. If the lead content is too high, it is harmful to the human body. Therefore, some brand faucets use low-lead copper, that is, the lead content is less than 0.1%. In view of the fact that it is difficult for general consumers to judge the lead content, it is recommended to choose a faucet with a clear mark that uses low-lead copper.
Zinc Alloy Faucet
Zinc alloy is an alloy based on zinc and added with other elements such as aluminum, copper, magnesium, cadmium, lead, and titanium. Zinc alloy is easily corroded in water. After being corroded, the metal will be mixed into the water and cause harm to the human body. The biggest advantage is probably the low price.
Stainless Steel Faucet
The main components of steel are iron and carbon. Ordinary carbon steel is easy to rust. Adding chromium, nickel and other metals to carbon steel can make the steel corrosion resistant. Therefore, the most important factor affecting the corrosion resistance of stainless steel is the content of chromium.
Stainless steel has the advantages of acid resistance, alkali resistance, corrosion resistance, and no release of harmful substances (lead). But compared with copper, it has one of the biggest drawbacks, that is, it does not have antibacterial function.
If the budget is sufficient, choose low-lead copper faucets. If you can't identify whether it is low-lead copper, choose a product from a big brand.
If you have a small budget, you can choose stainless steel faucets. The price will be cheaper. However, relatively there will be some problems. In particular, we must choose products from high standard manufacturers. After all, it's about your own health, don't be greedy for cheap.
The faucet is used in a humid environment, and its surface requires a good finish. The common surface treatment method on the market is electroplating, mainly including chrome plating, nickel plating, titanium plating and so on. In addition, there are some rarer methods such as baking varnish, porcelain, and imitation gold electrophoretic paint.
Chrome plating is the most common faucet plating. Chromium is a white metal with a bluish color, which has high hardness and wear resistance. Its hardness exceeds even the hardest quenched steel, second only to diamond.
Chromium is not easy to change in a humid environment and can maintain the surface gloss for a long time. With a silver appearance, chrome-plated faucets are more popular with consumers.
Nickel can quickly form a very thin passivation film on the surface of the faucet. Can resist the corrosion of water vapor and certain acids. Has excellent corrosion resistance and stability. Can resist the corrosion of water vapor and certain acids. Therefore, the stability of the nickel layer in a humid environment is very high.
Titanium alloys are made by adding aluminum and tin elements or aluminum and vanadium elements to titanium. Electroplated titanium gold has the advantages of high strength, low density, strong toughness and good corrosion resistance. The surface of the titanium-plated faucet is as smooth as a mirror. Its golden luster looks elegant and rich, and very decorative. However, the process of plating titanium gold is complicated. It is very easy to absorb impurities during thermal processing. Therefore, the yield is low. The cost is also higher.
Baking varnish is to put two layers of coating on the faucet. Each time the paint is applied, it is sent to a dust-free constant temperature baking paint room for electric heating or far-infrared high temperature baking.
The surface of the baking varnish faucet is smooth and shiny, which can present a visual texture similar to that of a piano, making the whole product look very high-grade. However, compared with other surface treatment methods, baking varnish faucets are more prone to surface peeling. The durability is not as good as the traditional chrome-plated faucet. This method is not widely used.
This treatment will make the surface of the faucet visually rough. However, it is quite delicate to the touch, showing a restrained beauty. The brushed process mainly relies on mechanical friction to produce several common textures such as straight lines, chaotic lines, threads, corrugations, swirling lines and intermittent silk lines on the surface of the faucet. It can also create matte, mirror, three-dimensional, embossed, satin and other effects.
Appropriate surface treatment can make the overall shape of the faucet rich and full. Choosing the right faucet can also become the finishing touch to the bathroom decoration. It is pleasing to the eye.
There are generally multiple layers of plating. There are also some cheap faucets that are only coated one layer. The coating is not as thick as possible, but just right. If the coating is too thin, it will not be able to prevent corrosion. If the coating is too thick, it is easy to peel off. Copper + nickel + chromium is best. Copper can provide excellent adhesion. Nickel makes the coating have excellent corrosion resistance. Chromium makes the surface bright and flawless, and it is hard and scratch-resistant. Further improving the corrosion resistance. In addition, the faucet that has passed the 48-hour professional salt spray test will be more guaranteed in terms of corrosion resistance. Aquacubic's products have passed these tests.
The cartridge is a part that realizes the basic functions of direction control, pressure control or flow control by means of the rotation of the valve stem. The water flow enters the main body of the faucet through the cartridge and finally leaves the water outlet. The faucet used at home is turned on and off countless times a day. It can be seen that the quality of the cartridge is also very important to the faucet.
The ceramic cartridge has less water pollution, good wear resistance and good sealing performance. Many high-quality faucets use ceramic cartridges. The ceramic chip must have good airtightness, stable physical properties, wear resistance, and long service life.
Stainless Steel Cartridge
The biggest advantage of the stainless steel cartridge is that it has a larger adjustable angle of rotation and is not easily affected by water quality. It is more practical to choose this type in areas with poor water quality. However, stainless steel has worse wear resistance compared to ceramic. After it is used for a long time, water leakage is prone to occur.
Roller cartridges are old-fashioned cartridges. No matter in terms of price, water pollution or life span, they are inferior to ceramics and have been phased out. There are very few roller cartridge faucets on the market.
Part 2: How to Buy ?
After understanding the most important parts of the faucet, let's take a look at the precautions when purchasing.
01 The Weight
Faucets made of brass are heavier. So you can make a preliminary judgment by weighing the faucet. However, many manufacturers can increase the weight of low-quality faucets through some methods. So here is a commonplace saying, for consumers who can't distinguish the material, it is better to choose the leading brands. This is the simplest selection method.
02 The Surface
In sufficient light, carefully observe the electroplated surface of the faucet. Good electroplating looks as bright as a mirror, without any oxidation spots and burn marks, no pores, no blistering, no plating leakage, no burrs to the touch. After pressing the faucet, the fingerprints will spread out quickly, and it is not easy to adhere to dirt.
Breathing out the surface of the faucet. For products with good electroplating quality, the water vapor will quickly and evenly fade away. If the quality is not good, the fading speed will be slower, or not fade. The faster and more even the water vapor fades, the better the quality.
03 After-sales Service
The after-sales service of the product is very important, and it is also the guarantee for you to have no worries. Be sure to buy products with good after-sales service. The general faucet is guaranteed for at least 5 years.
When choosing a faucet, the most important thing is to look at the material, plating and cartridge of the faucet. Because the material determines the safety of the water. The coating can increase the service life of the faucet, so that the faucet has scratch resistance, corrosion resistance, and the surface brightness will be better. The cartridge is the heart of the faucet. Generally high quality faucets use ceramic cartridges. It has the characteristics of strong wear resistance and good sealing performance.
The bathroom is full of water vapor after taking a shower? The bath water splashes on the ground? Sometimes you slip and fall accidentally? The bathroom without separation of wet and dry is simply maddening. The separation of wet and dry is an unavoidable matter in the bathroom. As long as we have a slight requirement for the quality of the bathroom, we will immediately take care of this matter. Because the separation of wet and dry in the bathroom is a very cost-effective job, it will make your bathroom life full of happiness in minutes. How to achieve the separation of dry and wet in the bathroom? For small-sized bathrooms, the partitions are too narrow, and they cannot be separated from wet and dry. Very tangled. So how to separate wet and dry in a bathroom of only about 5 square meters? Let's analyze how to separate wet and dry in a small bathroom!
Separated by Shower Curtain
The shower curtain is the simplest and most beautiful way to separate wet and dry in the bathroom. It can be said to be a must-have artifact for the bathtub. Use a shower curtain to separate the dry and wet areas of a small apartment, which is the most trouble-free and cost-effective. Whether it is an arc-shaped corner, or directly draw a straight line, make a water retaining strip and hang a shower curtain. It is very convenient. You can also frequently change the style of the shower curtain to a different style. But the disadvantage is that it cannot effectively block water vapor, and it is easy to grow mold and needs to be cleaned frequently.
Compared with the shower curtain which can not effectively isolate the water vapor, the shower door is much more practical. More suitable for bathrooms equipped with showers. The shower door is mostly made of glass. Glass partition is a better choice. On the one hand, because the glass is transparent, it does not appear to be visually narrow. Second, because the glass has better water resistance, the effect of wet and dry partitions will be better.
Half Wall Partition
For small apartments, this is also a good choice. Not only can it perfectly achieve the purpose of separating dry and wet, but also use the half wall to create its own style. Pasting retro-style or modern-style tiles on the wall can play a decorative and beautifying role.
The water pipe under the sink does not contact the floor.
In addition to working on the door, you can also separate wet and dry in places such as sinks and basins. The important point is to not to touch the floor! Bathroom furniture that is not exposed to water stains is less likely to be corroded, which increases the service life and is also easy to clean.
Move the Sink Out
The most complete wet and dry separation is to move the sink directly outside the door. Use part of the outside space to make the shower area inside the bathroom more spacious. In addition, the external washbasin also allows a family to wash without interfering with each other. The vanity and sink are placed outside the bathroom. Completely cut off the moisture in the bath. Small apartments can also use the walkway outside the bathroom to do so!
Do you like the bathroom with separate dry and wet function? The dry area and wet area of the bathroom are perfectly separated, which not only partitions the space, but also is visually more fashionable and rich in spatial level. Wet and dry separation has gradually become mainstream in bathroom design, so hurry up and give it a try!