In 2021 the U.S. kitchen and bathroom market is expected to reach $158.6 billion.
The United States is the world's largest importer of kitchen and bathroom products. For exporters of kitchen and bathroom products, the US market is very important. In January 2021, the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) released the "2021 Market Outlook Report". The report shows that the U.S. kitchen and bathroom industry will continue to grow, and the overall expenditure on kitchen and bathroom projects will increase in the coming year.
The industry predicts that after the overall decline of 5.9% in the U.S. kitchen and bathroom industry in 2020, it will reach 158.6 billion U.S. dollars in 2021, an increase of 16.6%, and an increase of 9% in 2018 and 1% in 2019. At the same time, it is expected that the growth of new houses will exceed 22%, while the renovation project will increase by 10%. High-end and mid-range projects are expected to lead, both of which are expected to increase by 20% than last year.
U. S. homeowners believe that the kitchen and bathroom area are twice as important as other spaces in the house. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the role of the kitchen is particularly prominent. 70% of homeowners believe that the kitchen is extremely important, compared to the previous proportion 64%.
With people's renewed attention to these family areas, the industry expects that large-scale interior renovation projects, including kitchen renovations, will usher in a new round of changes. This year may see a shift from the DIY in 2020 to the need for professional installers for kitchens and bathrooms. Many of these projects were delayed during the pandemic due to the risk of installation personnel carrying virus.
The report pointed out some motivations and inspirations to continue to promote the renovation project:
Although large-scale and more professional projects are planned to increase this year, saving money (attention 25%), project execution in leisure time (attention 23%), and health and safety issues (22%) are the main reasons for the increase in DIY.
Residents said that improving the aesthetics of the house was the main motivation for renovating the bathroom (16%) and kitchen (15%), followed by maximizing the quality and durability, and increasing the value of the house.
Houseowners pursuing cost-effectiveness and maximizing the use of existing budgets focus on renewing cabinets (52% of projects), plumbing (43% of projects), smart home products (57% of projects), and water purification systems (54% of projects) .
Family income and family member structure both affect the cost of kitchen renovation. "Mature families", that is, families with members over 45 years old and no children, have the highest percentage of upgrades to advanced functions in the kitchen.
Google search and social media are the main sources of inspiration for kitchen and bathroom renovations. Most owners stated that they rely on more than one source for inspiration. Young single homeowners or couples tend to rely more on Google and Instagram, while adults over 45 prefer to know what the other families did.
Economic factors that may affect renovation activities include:
1. A 10% increase in the operating rate of single-family housing in 2020 will drive a 17% increase in new residential building materials in 2021.
2. Of the total expenditure on residential kitchens and bathrooms, new houses accounted for 57%, reaching US$90 billion; residential renovations accounted for 43%, reaching US$68.6 billion.
3. Mortgage interest rates, which are about 1% lower than 2020, will continue to drive the home buying boom.
4. As the US houses for sale hit a record low, the price of stock houses will usher in price increase, which will indirectly promote house renovation rather than purchase of new houses.
5. The research report predicts that, driven by supply shortage and potential demand, total house prices will appreciate by about 31% between 2020 and 2023.
The bathroom at home is one of the most frequently used places, and the quality of the bathroom directly determines the quality of life.
Bathroom products that can be used for a long time are normally: toilets, bathroom cabinets, wash basins, and bathroom hardware.
There are two types of toilets: split type, one-piece type and wall-mounted type. According to the sewage discharge method of the toilet, it can be divided into back flush type, siphon type, jet type, and super spiral type. When purchasing, choose according to different spaces and waterway positions.
Although there are many types, you can refer to the following methods when purchasing.
1. Whether the gloss of the toilet itself is good enough. The glossier, the better the compactness;
2. It is not that the smaller the water tank, the more water-saving. Some water tanks are not small, but the water storage line is low. The flushing performance is very good, and it is also very water-saving. Generally, the water tank is 6 liters of flushing water, and the two choices of 3 liters and 6 liters is better;
3. Check whether the internal structure is compact, sensitive and reliable.
Bathroom cabinets are an important item in bathroom selection, and there are many types. According to the material, it can be divided into solid wood bathroom cabinet, ceramic bathroom cabinet, PVC bathroom cabinet, MDF bathroom cabinet, glass bathroom cabinet, stainless steel bathroom cabinet and so on.
What does the most practical bathroom cabinet look like?
How to choose?
1. Generally, a complete set of bathroom cabinets needs to be checked for deformation;
2. Check whether the surface is cracked and the glaze is smooth and even;
3. When the cabinet door is opened and closed, check whether the door hinge has a sound or smooth;
4. Use a pen to scribble on the cabinet and wipe it off to check its anti-fouling ability.
The bathroom cabinets are rich in styles, so you should decide what material you want when choosing. The specific styling is determined according to personal preference and home decoration style.
The wash basin is responsible for the appearance of the bathroom. The type and style of the washbasin are also dazzling, such as table top, column type, wall type. And cabinet body are also very particular.
Desktop: Above counter basin or under counter basin?
Above counter basin: High-end, easy installation, rich product selection, easy to disassemble and repair. But water is easy to leak into the sink cabinet and the corners. If the installation is not careful, there will be exposed glass glue, which will turn yellow and black after a long time.
Under-counter basin: low profile, integrated with the countertop, beautiful, easy to clean, no dead ends. It is easy for the water basin to deviate from the middle position of the sink cabinet. It is necessary to choose a faucet with a suitable water outlet angle. Under-counter basin is inconvenient to disassemble.
Column type: does not occupy space, especially suitable for installation in toilets with insufficient space.
Wall-mounted type: as the name suggests, it is used on the wall, compact and not occupying space, simple and stylish.
Basins can be made from different materials. Stainless steel, porcelain, marble, and glass all have pros and cons. Just pick the one that suits you.
How to choose?
1. Look at the manual first. If it is a glazed basin, the lower the water absorption, the better the quality.
2. Faucet holes. Most porcelain basins have a single hole for mixer faucets. When buying a washbasin, you can ask the supplier to make the hole. If you make the hole yourself, it is likely to destroy the entire washbasin.
3. The high-quality washbasin has a smooth glaze, no pinholes, no lack of glaze, etc.
Striking with a hard object will make a crisp sound.
4. In order to ensure that after quality problems occur, the seller can repair them in time, it is better to keep the invoice issued by the seller.
Hardware accessories include: faucet, shower, shelf, angle valve, soap net, clothes hook, etc.
They are not large, but frequently used things. If you pick them well, it will not only be easy to use, but will also improve the quality of the bathroom.
How to choose bathroom hardware?
1. First look at whether the coating is good. Generally, the brighter the surface, the more obvious the mirror effect, and the more rigorous the process.
2. The packaging design is beautiful, and the quality inspection certificate, installation manual, and related after-sales manual are available, indicating that the qualifications are complete.
3. After holding the hardware for 2 or 3 seconds, loosen it. If the fog and traces disappear quickly, it is made of copper, heavy weight, thick and durable.
The common faucet materials on the market today are: stainless steel, plastic, brass, zinc alloy faucet, etc.
Brass is the most common material for faucet manufacturing. It is made of international standard H59/H62 copper. The casting adopts steel mold for gravity casting, and its wall thickness is uniform, generally 2.5-3.0 mm. The faucet made of brass is characterized by: no rust, durability, anti-oxidation, and sterilization effect on water.
The density of zinc alloy is lower than that of copper, and the handle is lighter. The surface of zinc alloy is easy to oxidize from the inner wall, and white oxide powder will appear on the surface. The strength is much worse than that of copper. The service life is not long, and the lead content is high. After one to two years, the faucet made of zinc alloy will oxidize and rot.
Plastic faucet has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, aging resistance, no rust, lead-free, non-toxic, odorless, high pressure resistance, light weight, easy construction, and low price. Plastic is not wear resistant.
Now health and environmental protection has gradually become the new themes of modern life. Stainless steel is an internationally recognized healthy material that can be implanted into the human body. Therefore, kitchen and bathroom products with stainless steel as the main material have begun to become popular in European and American countries.
More than 90% of high-end faucets are made of brass. Brass is the most suitable faucet material and has antibacterial effect. Among them, H59 copper is most used. Its lead content is qualified. H62 copper’s lead content is less and more corrosion-resistant. Although stainless steel can be lead-free, but the quality is worse than copper due to the complex process and no antibacterial performance.
2. Faucet Manufacturing Process:
Most of the faucets on the market under $20 are made of sand mold casting, which is commonly referred to as "sand foundry". The internal structure of the valve body metal is loose, and it is easy to form interior defects such as stomata. It may not be found in appearance. However, after a period of use, defects such as water leakage, inadequate sealing and even more severe defects will occur. High-grade faucets usually adopt gravity casting, and the internal structure of the valve body metal is dense. For the same valve body, the weight of the products produced by the two processes is different, and the consumption of materials is also different. The weight difference between gravity casting valve body and sand casting valve body is about 1/4. Therefore, the same product has different prices.
The faucet is turned on and off every day. The cartridge determines the service life of the faucet. At present, ceramic is the most suitable material for home use. The high-end faucet cartridge mostly uses ceramic, which is durable and can be opened and closed for 500000 times without leakage.
4. Water Hose:
The water inlet hose of the high-end faucet adopts pure 304 stainless steel. 304 stainless steel can bear high water pressure and ensure water purity.
The aerator of high-end faucet can give users a very comfortable bathing feel. The use of these accessories and materials can ensure the quality of the product. And whether or not to use the NEOPERL aerator is an important factor in judging the quality of the faucet.
6. Surface Technology:
The electroplated surface of high-priced faucets usually has a mirror-like feel. When you press it with your finger, the traces of hand prints will disappear immediately. Moreover, advanced environmental protection electroplating technology can prevent secondary pollution of products and ensure the purity of water.
7. Service Life:
The quality of high-end faucets is still good after 5 years of use, and meet all the national water-saving requirements. The durability, water-saving and environmental protection are its highlight value. Cheap faucets have a very short service life. After two or three months of use, quality issue may occur. And their safety is low.
8. After-sale Warranty:
High-end faucets are produced by professional manufacturers with a comprehensive after-sales service system. No matter the product has an accident or failure, the manufacturer or distributor will be responsible for solving it at any time. The manufacturers that provides higher price products are mostly more qualified, and they are very concerned about sales and reputation generated by each product.
All Aquacubic products that are finished in the production department have to pass their inspection first. There will also be the special inspection personnel to conduct an additional inspection to ensure that every product delivered to consumers is qualified.
Of course it does.
What is a wall-mount faucet?
The wall-mounted faucet is to install the water supply pipe in the wall. The faucet is independent, and the wash basin is also independent. The washbasin does not need to be connected with the faucet, so there are more free choices in the washbasin shape. There are more diversified washbasin choices in different spaces and environments.
The place where the washbasin and the faucet are connected is usually the place where rust and bacteria breed the most. With separate faucets and wash basins, you don't have to worry about cleaning these locations.
Two Types of Wall-mounted Faucets.
1. Single Handle Single Hole Wall-mount Mixer Faucet
2. Single Handle Double Hole Wall-mount Mixer Faucet
3. Single Handle Wall-mount Mixer Faucet with Rough-in Valve
Double handle wall-mount faucet means that the hot and cold water are controlled separately. The left is hot and the right is cold, and the water outlet is in the middle. The copper color part in the picture is the concealed part.
The above are several common wall-mount faucets.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wall-mount Faucet
1. Save space. In-wall faucets generally save space and free up space on the countertop.
2. Easy to clean. It is more convenient to clean the countertop.
3. It is highly decorative. It can increase the diversity of bathroom decoration and make the space more tidy.
1. The price is more expensive. The price and installation cost of the wall-mounted faucet is higher than that of the ordinary faucet.
2. Trouble with installation. Need to ask professional installers to install.
3. Trouble with maintenance. Many parts are installed in the wall. So if something goes wrong, it will be troublesome to repair.
Precautions for the Installation of In-wall Faucets.
1. Due to the concealed installation, the wall-mounted faucet must be installed in the wall together with the water pipe during decoration. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the faucet style before the decoration.
2. Do not remove the protective cover of the product during the decoration construction process to avoid damage to the product.
3. Be sure to pressurize the product to test whether it leaks. Make sure that the water pipe is connected correctly.
4. The sundries at the connection must be removed before installation to avoid blockage or water leakage.
5. The installation height is best controlled at a height of 15~20cm above the basin. The height above the ground is 95cm~100cm.
6. After installing the faucet, attach the wall tiles, etc.
So should you choose an in-wall faucet?
1. The wall-mounted faucet has high appearance and can be matched with various decoration styles according to your own preferences.
2. The wall-mounted faucet has a miraculous effect when used in a bathroom with a relatively compact space, which can save a lot of space.
3. The main concern for the wall-mounted faucet is maintenance, worrying about water leakage. In fact, the wall-mounted faucet is similar to the shower at home. The technology is very mature. It's already very popular.
We can make a comparison with ordinary faucets:
1. The connection method is different: ordinary faucet is connected to the water outlet through angle valve and hose to supply water. The wall-mounted faucet is connected to the water outlet through the concealed part to supply water. The concealed part and the water outlet are installed as a whole. As far as the connection method is concerned, there are fewer steps for the wall mount faucet.
2. Different accessories: common faucet accessories are angle valve, hose and faucet. The wall-mounted faucet accessories are concealed parts and faucets. Because there are no fittings such as angle valves and hoses, the possibility of water leakage from the faucet is lower.
The more complicated the connection method, the more connection points, the more hidden dangers. The hidden danger of in-wall faucets is actually smaller.
So you can buy the wall-mounted faucet with confidence. Ask a professional to install it. There is no problem.
After installation, its usefulness depends on the size of the basin and bathtub. Therefore, when purchasing, you must first know the distance between the basin / the bathtub and the wall. When selecting a wall mount faucet, the length of its spout must be selected correctly. The spout of the faucet should not be close to the edge of the basin or bathtub, otherwise it will affect the convenience of use. It is best to choose a faucet made of copper and a ceramic valve core, because of its good sealing performance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
As a manufacturer of sanitary products for more than 11 years, we have seen many customers whose bathrooms are really full of functions. Although it is small, the functions are still very diverse. Have to admire!
Modern decoration requires both practical functions and individual style, so the budget is often difficult to control. The bathroom space usage rate is high. If you can save it everywhere, rework and repair will occur, and the gains will outweigh the losses. At the same time, the cost of furniture and decoration can also be spent more or less. The following are some small details on the bathroom decoration, which can save costs time and time again!
1) Waterproofing is essential for walls.
Waterproofing in the bathroom is very important, not only to choose high-quality materials, but also to ensure professional painting. The wall waterproof in the wet area should be at least 180cm above the ground and 50cm for other places. The ground waterproofing generally needs to be brushed twice and a 24-hour closed water test should be carried out. Wall corners, water pipes, etc. should also be carefully done.
Ceramic tiles are the highlight of bathroom decoration. And the wall area is large. You can choose relatively economical tiles to ensure the waterproof performance. You can also directly paint with waterproof paint where it is not in the shower area. It will reduce cost.
Mosaics with rich patterns can enhance the visual aesthetics of the space. And to reduce material costs and manual laying costs, mosaics can be laid only on key positions. Tiles, waist line and top line can be selected according to your own needs to control the cost of decoration.
The original light-body wall is removed and replaced with a transparent glass wall, which expands the visual area of the space and also saves costs.
Mosaic paving requires a high labor cost, so you can find a large mosaic-like wall tile to pave the wall, which can save a lot of money. Since there are fewer gaps between large-size mosaic tiles, the amount of caulking agent is correspondingly reduced, which is often used for reference and selection in home decoration.
2) The floor area should be beautiful and non-slip.
Safety should be placed in the most important position, and slip resistance should be considered in the selection of floor tiles. At the same time, the human body will directly touch the ground, so the quality of materials should be paid attention to. Bright floor tiles are relatively slippery, so use them as little as possible in the bathroom, and use matte floor tiles or tiles with good anti-slip properties.
When paving the floor tiles, the slope must be appropriate, and the floor drain must be the lowest point so that the water can flow smoothly. The floor tiles should be made of whole tiles as much as possible, and the gap between the tiles should be controlled at about 2mm.
The area of decorative tiles on the ground is smaller than that of the wall. The use of interval paving can save the budget, and only use the same pattern of tiles to be separated by more than one tile.
If you want to create a low-cost bathroom with a natural texture, you can use wood-grain tiles instead of waterproof solid wood, which also has the characteristics of natural patterns, elegant colors, and easier matching with other sanitary wares.
Paving decal tiles in the bathroom can improve the monotonous bathroom style. In the actual construction process, the cost of laying decal tiles is much cheaper than mosaic.
When special-shaped handmade tiles are laid on the ground, they should be from the inside out, the gap between the tiles should be controlled within 8mm, and the height of the caulking agent should be level with the tiles. The paving of this kind of tiles should be carried out in sequence according to the serial number on the back to avoid waste caused by rework.
3) Cleverly arrange the exposed and concealed sanitary ware.
The bathroom is a place where multiple channels of water and electricity converge. In the early stage of renovation, it is necessary to choose quality water pipes, wires, etc. And the wiring must comply with the regulations to avoid water leakage due to design and material selection problems.
As the space expands and functions increase, there are more and more electrical appliances in the bathroom. If you want to install smart toilet lids, integral shower rooms, massage bathtubs, multi-functional bathroom cabinets, etc., you must first make the sockets during the decoration to avoid rewiring in the future and increase the trouble.
The plumbing renovation of the bathroom is most laborious. If you want to save this part of the cost, the pipeline must be open-lined, without slotting, and future maintenance can also save a lot of costs.
In addition, avoid excessive wiring when rebuilding waterways and circuits. Use multi-hole sockets as much as possible on the panel of the socket. Under the premise of the same number of wires, you can plug in more electrical appliances. The wiring of the space is reconstructed with open wires, and the wires are routed from the top. The outer wall of the pipe is painted with waterproof paint, which saves a lot of labor costs and is also convenient for maintenance.
The bathrooms are uniformly decorated in black and white tones, simple and generous. The upper and lower water pipes of the sanitary ware are made of metal material, which has a long service life and is not easy to be damaged.
The space matching has been cleverly designed. The cement wall is matched with solid wood floor tiles, which is elegant and warm, satisfying practical functions and beautiful.
4) Shower Area
The quality of the glass used in the shower room is closely related to the safety of the bathroom. Fine tempered glass is generally difficult to break, and it will not hurt people when broken. Therefore, when choosing, don't be greedy for temporary cheapness, and try to choose high-quality, well-reputed brands.
The frame of the shower room is usually made of aluminum alloy, and the surface is sprayed with plastic, so it is not corroded or rusty. The thickness of the main frame aluminum alloy is preferably 1.1mm or more, which is not easy to deform.
In addition to professional brand shower rooms, the shower area can also be separated from dry and wet areas with various partitions. Common glass partitions only need to be installed on one side when combined with the wall, which saves costs by using less materials.
At the same time, the installation of the shower room can be omitted. The base of the shower room mainly plays the role of heat preservation and drainage, and the material is mostly acrylic.
The shower area is separated by a glass wall, and the ground is transitioned by steps to create a semi-enclosed shower space. The glass partition is directly fixed with hardware without reaching the top, which gives the space better permeability.
A wall serves as a partition, separating the wash area from the shower area. The interior of the wash area is covered with ceramic tiles, the exterior is painted with waterproof paint, and the key parts are strengthened.
5) Wash Area
The floor drain is most commonly used for sink, and the wall mount type can be used for more advanced spaces. It is best to have all S-bends to prevent upward odor. Basins are divided into above-counter basins, under-counter basins and wall-mounted basins. Above counter basins for households are more suitable and easy to install. The under counter basin is suitable for a large area bathroom, and the installation is relatively complicated.
Small-space or low-budget families can abandon the overall bathroom cabinet, and use a transparent iron frame to save space and leave more space for the legs. Mirror cabinets and recessed cabinets are more suitable for small spaces and complete the storage function of the bathroom. To reduce the cost of decoration, you can choose a single color and simple style in the decoration, and match it with retro copper-colored, metal-colored faucets or mirror lights to create highlights.
Build the washstand with cement, and place storage baskets underneath. The wall-mounted faucet is highly decorative, but the size must be measured accurately in advance, otherwise it cannot be installed, which will affect the use.
There is no special furniture under the basin; only metal racks are used to save costs and place toiletries.
Aquacubic is a professional manufacturer for bath and kitchen products since 2010. We have rich experience and passion in bath and kitchen industry and appreciate your contacting and business. Look forward to cooperating with you. Thanks a lot!
We all dream of having a spacious bathroom, preferably a separate bathtub and shower, two sinks, and even a comfortable lounge chair to rest after bathing.
So, today we share with you 10 bathroom design principles. You can use some or all of these techniques to double your bathroom space.
01. Use White Color
One of the easiest ways to make a space look spacious is to use a lot of white: white tiles, white wall paint, white accessories, etc. White allows other colors to recede naturally, making the space look bigger. It can reflect any light instead of absorbing it.
The use of white is particularly effective in the bathroom. Since the bathtub, toilet and sink in the bathroom are basically white, the use of other white can make the space seamlessly connected, making the space transparent and creating a sense of expansion.
Using a lot of white does not mean pale and empty, lack of personality. Using different structural elements, such as light-colored stones or tiles with different textures, and a small amount of metal or wood intervention, can maintain a seamless appearance while also presenting the richness of the space.
02. Use Same Style Color
If you are not a fan of white, you can use warm beige, soft gray or even pink (pink blue, pink, etc.) to create a sense of spaciousness. Choose an elegant ceramic tile, and choose the matching color system for the rest of the wall. The overall effect is quiet and warm, and will not cause visual breaks and reduce your sense of space.
03. Use Floating Design
In a compact bathroom, balancing storage needs and a sense of spaciousness and freedom is a tricky issue. The suspended wash basin design is a good solution. It gives you a lot of space to store essentials. The empty space at the bottom is like an entrance and exit for air flow, which does not make people feel oppressed and tense.
04. Less is More
Less is more. If it is not necessary to have a large storage area, use small-sized wash basins to leave more open areas to make the space look bigger. If there is a bathtub next to the toilet, you need to leave enough space.
05. Use a mirror to enlarge the space.
A large enough mirror can double your space, especially in the bathroom. However, this kind of large mirror must be of good quality, and the size and thickness must be accurate, otherwise it will seriously affect the overall layout. A good mirror will have a very powerful effect, and you can make the room look perfect in just a few minutes.
06. Use Glass Doors
Another good way to expand the space is to use glass as a partition for the door or shower room. The visual extension makes the space look bigger. Especially in the shower.
If you are worried about privacy, you can use frosted or tinted glass, which can still achieve the effect of light transmission and will not make you feel cramped and depressed in the shower. If there is no special need, it is recommended to abandon the bathtub and install a shower room. The bathtub consumes a lot of valuable space, and the usage rate is extremely low.
07. Design a Suitable Alcove
Designing an open alcove in a suitable location can not only increase the storage space, but also increase the visual depth, making the wall look far beyond the real distance.
When designing alcove, you must communicate with professionals, because there will be many wires, pipelines, etc. in the wall of the bathroom.
08. Good Lighting
Good lighting is essential to make any space look bigger and more open, especially in bathrooms that don’t usually have much natural light. In addition, you also need good lighting in the bathroom to effectively perform shaving or makeup, so its importance does not need to be emphasized.
The key is to have a rich lighting scheme in the bathroom, and it is best to use multiple light sources in different locations. Ceiling lights (multiple bulbs can be used), or modern edge-lit mirrors will help you avoid shadows and make the space feel bright and open.
09. Create Long Lines
Whether your bathroom is typically rectangular or oddly shaped, you can always find a wall or area that is slightly longer than other places. Adding a shelf, a tile strip, or even a simple striped wall paint to these areas can help you lengthen the longest line in the room and draw the sight to the farthest position, giving the space a sense of extension.
10. Balance the Horizontal and Vertical Ratio
If your bathroom is already very long, narrow and tunnel-shaped, don't emphasize the length anymore, you must think more about stretching the width visually.
For example, in this long and narrow bathroom below, the tiles on the wall and the floor are laid in a horizontal splicing way, which invisibly increases the visual width, and the spatial balance becomes more harmonious.
Home decoration is troublesome. Apart from other things, it may be very troublesome to choose the toilet. Although all the toilets on the market only have one function, there are many types. Choose from product details when purchasing. Know these 5 tips before buying a toilet.
1. Tips for Buying a Toilet
1) When selecting, you can tap the outer wall of the toilet gently with your finger. If the voice is hoarse, not clear and loud enough, then the toilet is likely to be internally cracked, or the toilet itself is not burned well.
2) The quality of the toilet depends on the quality of its ceramics. A good ceramic surface is uniformly lubricated and has a soft color. Gently touch the surface of the toilet with your hand. The glaze and embryos are delicate, indicating that the toilet is of good quality; for low- and medium-grade toilets, the glaze is rough and the color is dim, and small holes will be found under the light.
3) Pay attention to the return curve and water tank. Choose a glazed one, so that it is not easy to hide dirt and is easy to clean. When selecting, you must reach into the toilet's drain and touch it to see if the interior is smooth. A good toilet manufacturer will not ignore these two details.
4) Choose a toilet that is washable, otherwise you will definitely worry about cleaning the toilet in the future.
5) Test the flushing effect of the toilet pipe. Under normal circumstances, you must first try flushing before buying a toilet. There are some optimized flushing systems that can control the noise decibels below 50 decibels, which is very suitable for families with babies.
2. Precautions for Purchase of Toilet
1) The maximum flushing volume is below 6L.
2) Its own weight is above 40 kg.
3) Requirements for accessories: there is a delay water inlet valve; the water level difference is within 3mm; the water pressure has a wide range of application.
4) The height of the water seal is 55-60mm.
5) It is preferred that the inner side of the S-curve is also glazed on the toilet.
3. Precautions for Purchasing Smart Toilets:
1) It is recommended to select the instant heating method.
2) The impulse type is recommended for the water outlet method.
3) With power-off flushing function.
4) In addition to hot water washing and hot air drying, there are six mandatory functions: constant water temperature, sensor switch cover, night vision lighting, automatic deodorization, seat heating and seat bacteriostasis.
The shower can be divided into multiple product types according to the water outlet method, installation height, style, etc. When purchasing, pay attention to choosing the most suitable one.
How to judge the shower:
When buying a shower, first find out whether the water effect is good. Secondly, look at whether the surface coating is bright and smooth. Then check whether the shower valve core is made of ceramic, smooth and frictionless. Finally, see whether the shower accessories are appropriate and whether the quality meets the requirements.
Precautions for purchase of shower head:
1. It is recommended to choose ceramic valve core for ordinary shower.
2. Copper is recommended for the main body. Choose at least 59-1 copper, with 59% copper and 1% lead. It is recommended to choose CUPC certified showers.
3. It is recommended to choose a shower set with a lifting bracket and a bath faucet.
4. For those who like top spray and large water output, it is recommended to choose a concealed shower system.
5. Most of the items marked with "pressurized shower" achieve the "pressurized" effect by reducing the water outlet, and it is not very comfortable.
Before deciding to buy a bathtub, the first thing you need to consider is to choose the size of the bathtub according to the area of the bathroom, and set the height of the water outlet. It is also necessary to consider the particularities of family members, such as children, the elderly, and the disabled. When choosing a bathtub, it is best to choose a lower one, and you can also install handrails in an appropriate position. The bathtub itself should also have anti-slip treatment and so on. Relatively speaking, bathtub selection is more complicated.
Bathtub Purchase Skills
Gloss: understand the pros and cons of the material by looking at the surface gloss;
Smoothness: Check whether the surface of the bathtub is smooth by hand;
Firmness: the firmness can be tested by pressing by hand or stepping on the foot;
Sound: It is best to test the water to listen to the sound before buying. Don't choose a bathtub with too much noise.
Precautions for Purchase of Bathtubs:
1) The bathtub area is not very big. It only needs 1.2 square meters to install a standard bathtub.
2) The one-piece bathtub without separation is more practical.
3) It is better to have a hair filter in the water.
4) When choosing a bathtub with massage, bubble or mixed functions, you must try it first, and then choose the one that suits you.
5) Before the completion of the installation, the water storage and discharge experiment must be done under the standard water pressure, and both cold and hot water must be done.
6. Shower Room
Precautions for purchase of shower room:
1) It is recommended to choose anti-fingerprint treated stainless steel for the frame material.
2) It is recommended to choose a sliding door for the shower door. It has advantages over flat doors in terms of space occupation, convenience, and safety.
3) The recommended thickness of tempered glass is 8mm, and the minimum is no less than 6mm.
4) The quality of tempered glass is critical. Need to know about glass manufacturers and choose factories with CCC certification.
7. Bathroom Cabinet
Bathroom cabinets mainly include solid wood bathroom cabinets, ceramic bathroom cabinets, PVC bathroom cabinets, and acrylic bathroom cabinets. The solid wood bathroom cabinet is made of dehydrated solid wood as the base material. It has an exquisite appearance, high grade and good waterproof performance. However, solid wood bathroom cabinets are bulky and prone to cracking and require good maintenance.
Ceramic bathroom cabinets are relatively clean in appearance and easy to take care of, but they are easily damaged. The appearance of PVC bathroom cabinet is more shiny, and the cabinet is lighter, and the waterproof performance is the best. However, PVC bathroom cabinets are easily deformed when subjected to a collision. Acrylic bathroom cabinets are similar to PVC bathroom cabinets, but are more brittle than PVC cabinets, and are prone to scratches and cracks.
Bathroom cabinet selection method:
1) Check whether the bathroom cabinet is damaged, cracked or deformed.
2) Check whether the glazed surface of the bathroom cabinet is flat and whether the surface is cracked.
3) Check whether the various parts of the bathroom cabinet are tightly connected and whether it is used smoothly.
4) Look at the anti-fouling ability of the bathroom cabinet, which can be tested by scribbling and erasing.
Precautions for bathroom cabinet installation:
1) If you have not done in-wall inlet and outlet pipe renovation, it is recommended to choose floor-standing solid wood cabinets.
2) It is recommended that bathroom cabinets with a width of 1.4 meters and above adopt the design of double basins.
3) If the feet of the bathroom cabinet are made of wood, it is recommended to use a thin rubber pad to separate them from the floor.
When installing, there should be a 1cm gap between the bathroom cabinet and the wall to prevent the back panel from contacting the wet wall for a long time to cause get mouldy.
The U.S. home furnishing internet platform HOUZZ recently released the "2019 U.S. Bathroom Trends Research" report, which was conducted for 1,360 owners who refurbished bathrooms in the U.S. The survey results show that in the past year, 88% of respondents have changed the faucet, 83% of the respondents have changed the shower, and 63% of the respondents have changed the toilet. Among them, American owners have shown great interest in products such as large-size showers, smart toilets, and customized bathroom cabinets, and they are more generous in their decoration costs than in previous years.
Water-saving faucets, large showers, smart toilets, custom bathroom cabinets...According to the survey report, the largest number of American owners who renovated their bathrooms in the past year have replaced faucets, accounting for 88% of the respondents. Excluding non-bathroom products, showers (83%), basins (78%), bathroom cabinets (77%), toilets (63%), bathtubs (34%), etc. are followed in order.
More than 80% of the interviewees have replaced the faucet and shower.
In 2019, the faucet was the sanitary product that was replaced by the most American owners, accounting for 88% of the 1,360 respondents. Among them, 33% used water-saving faucets, 16% upgraded sensor faucets, and only 3% continued to use traditional faucets. Among the owners who have replaced the shower head, 57% have replaced the shower system, and 54% bought a larger shower head, 45% have changed the shower layout, and 43% have changed the wall of the shower area .
Large showers are more popular.
The selection rate of smart toilets in American households has risen from 28% to 34% this year. Among the many functions of the smart toilet, self-cleaning is the most popular, followed by hip wash, seat heating, splash water, night light, induction and automatic deodorization. American owners of bathtubs have increased the selection rate of flat-bottomed freestanding bathtubs from 41% last year to 50% this year, which is significantly ahead of mosaic bathtubs (21%), wall-mounted bathtubs (15%) and cat-foot bathtubs (9%). In terms of bathtub materials, acrylic, fiberglass, and enamel cast iron are the most popular in order.
In general, Americans value convenience, comfort, and storage more when replacing sanitary products. This is reflected in specific products. Products such as sensor faucets, smart toilets, flat-bottom bathtubs, custom bathroom cabinets, and double mirrors are becoming more and more popular. China manufacturers that export to the United States can make more efforts in these products.
In addition to products, spatial transformation is also the focus of this investigation. Among the 1,360 respondents, 45% believed that they would relax in the bathroom. They believed that the cleanliness, bathtub, and lighting of the bathroom would help increase the relaxation function of the bathroom. In terms of bathroom style, the most favored one is Transitional. The number of people who choose this style has increased from 16% in 2018 to 21% in 2019. Modern style is also very popular, with a selection rate of 20%, an increase of 5 percentage points from last year. On the contrary, the contemporary style and traditional style continue to fall out of favor, with the selection rate of 16% and 9%, down 4 and 5 points from last year. Finally, the popularity of Farmhouse in the United States is still low.
Transitional style is favored.
In terms of color, the slightly quiet white last year has a trend of recovery. In areas such as bathroom cabinets and counter-tops, most owners choose white. On the floor and wall, the selection rate of white also increased by 3 points and 6 points, reaching 19% and 27%. Especially on the wall, white began to challenge the dominance of gray.
White has a trend of recovery.
For the walls and floors in the shower area, more than half of the interviewees chose ceramic tiles, which is far ahead of marble, granite, slate, and travertine.