In addition to the practicality of the apartment renovation, we also pay attention to its beauty. For example, choose wall-mounted toilets and washbasins; choose concealed baseboards; hide all the pipes; improve the overall aesthetics!
Concealed showers are more beautiful than exposed showers.
There are mainly the following 3 ways to install the shower:
1) Exposed installation: the water inlet pipe and mixing valve of the shower are exposed outside, which is not beautiful enough;
2) Concealed pipe installation: The inlet pipe is buried in the wall and the mixing valve is outside. This is most commonly used method;
3) Concealed installation: Completely opposite to the first type, the inlet pipe and the return valve are installed inside the wall. Leaving only the switch and the water outlet outside. Although it is beautiful, the process is complicated.
For concealed showers, there are also two different styles:
1) Top sprayer and hand shower
Look at the picture, the top shower head is matched with a hand-held shower head at the bottom. In this way, you need to determine the size of the shower head before renovation. And do the drilling and wiring layout. In terms of installation, this method is relatively simple.
2) With additional side spray
This is based on the former, plus a side spray function. During renovation, pre-installed in-wall boxes and multiple valve cores are required to match the water outlet. You can imagine how complicated this approach is! How to install it? Look down.
First determine the number of side nozzles (usually 2-6); the in-wall installed valve core has multiple outlet connection ports, from the valve core to the main water inlet, other outlets, top spray showers and hand showers; Secondly, cement leveling is required between the valve core and the wall, and in-wall installed parts are also used to stabilize; then leveling, waterproofing and pressing are performed to see if there is any leakage; the last step is to sticking ceramic tiles.
Compared with the exposed installation, the appearance of the concealed shower is certainly more attractive. However, the maintenance is complicated and cannot be ignored. The water pipe fittings of the exposed shower are all on the outside. If the concealed shower needs to be repaired, we can only break the wall! But if you choose a good quality shower, except for the water pipe problem, you don't need to break the wall under normal circumstances.
If you really like the appearance, it is not a big problem to choose a concealed shower. But if you are still worried about renovation and later maintenance, it is recommended not to try it.
Shower Purchase Skills
1. When choosing a shower, try to make the shower tilted (to see the water effect). If the top spray holes are obviously small or there is no water at all, it shows that the internal design of the shower is very low. It is impossible for the user to have a comfortable experience.
2. Look at the coating and valve core. Under normal circumstances, the brighter and more delicate the surface of the shower, the better the coating process. The high-quality shower uses high-quality ceramic valve core, which has high hardness and wear resistance, and is not easy to drip. The rotating adjustment handle is also very smooth.
3. Everyone knows that if the shower is used for a long time, there will be scale and impurities deposits, which will block the water outlet. If the mesh cover cannot be cleaned, the shower will not discharge water normally; in order to avoid the blockage of the water outlet due to poor water quality. All the shower nozzles should stick out for easy cleaning.
4. Shower accessories will directly affect the comfort of our shower. This cannot be ignored. For example, whether the lifting rod of the shower is flexible. Whether the shower joint is equipped with anti-twist ball bearings. Whether there is a rotation controller on the lifting rod, etc.
5. The water-saving function of the shower is the key point to be considered when purchasing the shower. Some showers use a steel ball valve core, and are equipped with a hot water controller, which can adjust the inflow of hot water into the mixing tank, so that the hot water can flow out quickly and accurately. This type of shower with a reasonable design saves 50% of water compared to ordinary showers.
1. Do a good job of cleaning up during installation, especially the valve core. During the decoration, it is inevitable that decoration dust or even large particles of impurities enter the water supply pipe. If it is not cleaned up, these impurity particles will enter the valve core of the shower faucet, easily causing blockage or even destroying the internal structure of the valve core. If the shower has little water output, it is very likely that the cleaning work is not in place.
2. To ensure safety, equipotential terminals are indispensable.
An electric shock prevention system is indispensable in the bathroom: equipotential terminal. After all, compared with other spaces, the bathroom is accompanied by water all the year round, and the risk is relatively high. Connect with the equipotential terminal to prevent leakage, electric shock, and avoid dangerous situations.
There are a large number of shower options. So everyone can try to choose different showers. Traditional showers have gradually been eliminated. We must learn to keep up with the trend in renovation project.
Aquacubic is a professional manufacturer for bath and kitchen products since 2010. We can provide full solution for construction project contractors and wholesalers. The products include faucets, sinks, basins,
bathroom accessories, shower sets, shower rooms, ceramic basins, bathtubs, etc.
Look forward to cooperating with you.
Thanks a lot!
Of course it does.
What is a wall-mount faucet?
The wall-mounted faucet is to install the water supply pipe in the wall. The faucet is independent, and the wash basin is also independent. The washbasin does not need to be connected with the faucet, so there are more free choices in the washbasin shape. There are more diversified washbasin choices in different spaces and environments.
The place where the washbasin and the faucet are connected is usually the place where rust and bacteria breed the most. With separate faucets and wash basins, you don't have to worry about cleaning these locations.
Two Types of Wall-mounted Faucets.
1. Single Handle Single Hole Wall-mount Mixer Faucet
2. Single Handle Double Hole Wall-mount Mixer Faucet
3. Single Handle Wall-mount Mixer Faucet with Rough-in Valve
Double handle wall-mount faucet means that the hot and cold water are controlled separately. The left is hot and the right is cold, and the water outlet is in the middle. The copper color part in the picture is the concealed part.
The above are several common wall-mount faucets.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wall-mount Faucet
1. Save space. In-wall faucets generally save space and free up space on the countertop.
2. Easy to clean. It is more convenient to clean the countertop.
3. It is highly decorative. It can increase the diversity of bathroom decoration and make the space more tidy.
1. The price is more expensive. The price and installation cost of the wall-mounted faucet is higher than that of the ordinary faucet.
2. Trouble with installation. Need to ask professional installers to install.
3. Trouble with maintenance. Many parts are installed in the wall. So if something goes wrong, it will be troublesome to repair.
Precautions for the Installation of In-wall Faucets.
1. Due to the concealed installation, the wall-mounted faucet must be installed in the wall together with the water pipe during decoration. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the faucet style before the decoration.
2. Do not remove the protective cover of the product during the decoration construction process to avoid damage to the product.
3. Be sure to pressurize the product to test whether it leaks. Make sure that the water pipe is connected correctly.
4. The sundries at the connection must be removed before installation to avoid blockage or water leakage.
5. The installation height is best controlled at a height of 15~20cm above the basin. The height above the ground is 95cm~100cm.
6. After installing the faucet, attach the wall tiles, etc.
So should you choose an in-wall faucet?
1. The wall-mounted faucet has high appearance and can be matched with various decoration styles according to your own preferences.
2. The wall-mounted faucet has a miraculous effect when used in a bathroom with a relatively compact space, which can save a lot of space.
3. The main concern for the wall-mounted faucet is maintenance, worrying about water leakage. In fact, the wall-mounted faucet is similar to the shower at home. The technology is very mature. It's already very popular.
We can make a comparison with ordinary faucets:
1. The connection method is different: ordinary faucet is connected to the water outlet through angle valve and hose to supply water. The wall-mounted faucet is connected to the water outlet through the concealed part to supply water. The concealed part and the water outlet are installed as a whole. As far as the connection method is concerned, there are fewer steps for the wall mount faucet.
2. Different accessories: common faucet accessories are angle valve, hose and faucet. The wall-mounted faucet accessories are concealed parts and faucets. Because there are no fittings such as angle valves and hoses, the possibility of water leakage from the faucet is lower.
The more complicated the connection method, the more connection points, the more hidden dangers. The hidden danger of in-wall faucets is actually smaller.
So you can buy the wall-mounted faucet with confidence. Ask a professional to install it. There is no problem.
After installation, its usefulness depends on the size of the basin and bathtub. Therefore, when purchasing, you must first know the distance between the basin / the bathtub and the wall. When selecting a wall mount faucet, the length of its spout must be selected correctly. The spout of the faucet should not be close to the edge of the basin or bathtub, otherwise it will affect the convenience of use. It is best to choose a faucet made of copper and a ceramic valve core, because of its good sealing performance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
Speaking of bathroom, the first thing many people think of is that we must separate wet and dry functions. After all, the traditional integrated type is too inconvenient to use. The bathroom is always wet, and even the towels have a musty smell. With the improvement of people's living standards, more and more people hope that the bathroom can be truly hygienic.
Three-way separation, that is, the basin area, shower area and toilet area are completely separated.
Advantages of three-way separation:
First, each washing area is an independent space, ensuring privacy while isolating smell and humidity;
Second, improve safety, especially for families with the elderly and children, and reduce the possibility of slipping due to water in the bathroom;
Third, ensure the cleanliness of the bathroom, and extend the service life.
How to create a three-way separation for a 3 square meter bathroom?
As soon as you enter the room, it is the washing area, which is the most frequently used area in the entire bathroom, so placing it at the door does not affect the use of other areas.
The middle position is the toilet area. The small toilet is separated by a baffle to form an independent space. If you feel that it is not private enough, you can install a small shower curtain to completely separate the toilet area. This is generally not recommended. After all, it affects the appearance, and it also gives people the feeling of being cramped.
The square space uses all the walls. A few niches or horizontal partitions are placed on one end of the bathtub to hold bath towels and clothes. The bath area is designed in the innermost part, the edge of the bathtub itself is an isolation belt, and the shower head is installed on the wall at the other end of the bathtub, which is convenient and does not take up space.
Although the square space is not very easy to handle, it can be regarded as "excellent brushwork" through this elaborate design.
Compared with a square bathroom, a rectangular space will make the best use of everything.
The same is the wash area next to the door. The difference is that the rectangular space also has a place to put the washing machine. When you take a shower, you can throw your clothes into the washing machine.
Placing the toilet and shower in parallel on the innermost side and covering the tub with a shower curtain.
The above are two designs of 3 square meters bathroom. Of course, there are more design styles, such as a sliding folding door instead of a shower curtain.
This folding door design not only saves space, but also has good privacy. Very practical.
With some simple lighting, the bathroom can also be a beautiful scenery.
The barn door design completely separates the bathroom area.
A small bathroom doesn't necessarily need a bathtub. But if removing the wall partition and replace it with a shower curtain, there will be bathtub area.
The shower room can be placed in the triangular area at the corner of the bathroom to form a fan-shaped area, which is the most space-saving.
It is best to use a small size. After all, if the toilet is too big, it doesn't seem to be of much use except for taking up space.
What are the precautions for the three-way separation?
Because the space is relatively small, the tones of the floor tiles and the walls should be matched reasonably. It is best to focus on warm colors, which are swelling colors. They have the effect of "expanding" the space.
Try to choose a mirror as large as possible. The role of a large mirror is the same as the color tone, which increases the sense of space.
The corners must not be wasted. Simple wooden shelves and niches are good storage methods.
The last thing we must pay attention to is ventilation. It is important to reduce odors.
How to define accessible luxury?
It is not only a design style,
It is a high-style life philosophy.
It is prosperous in a minimalist place,
Elegance is not complicated, simplicity is not simple.
Accessible luxury is not simple. It has a variety of manifestations.
Warm, light and luxurious, noble and comfortable
A touch of orange brightens the whole space,
Match with gray tile floor and brown wall,
It highlights the high style of the whole space.
Nordic luxury, elegant style.
The main color is gray.
Large light gray marble walls,
Decorate the whole space with a piece of green plants,
With light gray bathroom cabinet,
It's bright and comfortable.
Simple, light and luxurious, elegant and advanced
To simplify, black and white color covers the whole space.
Spacious wall space,
Complete set of black bathroom Shower Faucet,
Not only meet the requirements of storage, but also decorate the bathroom.
A variety of accessible luxury bathrooms,
With unique charm,
More possibilities for home,
Bring luxury and elegant life enjoyment to the customers.
In daily life, the planning of the bathroom is very important. A space of a few square meters has to bear a lot of sanitary ware and electrical appliances, such as toilets, bathtubs, washing machines, clothes dryers, etc. These are essential equipment that can improve the comfort and convenience of life.
The three-square-meter bathroom is also the size of most apartment bathrooms. The space is not large, but it does not affect people's pursuit of quality life. How to make good use of small space and achieve the aim of practical and beautiful appearance ? There are many ways.
01 Extend the sink counter to the washing machine and get an extra storage table.
If the area of the sink counter is relatively wide, you might as well design the washing machine and sink counter as a whole. By the way, the upper part of the washing machine is also designed as a countertop, which has an extra space for display. The whole area be neat and decent.
A large sink is exactly what women need. They have too many skin care products and cosmetics to be placed.
Suitable for: single women, or small families.
Advantages: The upper part of the washing machine is fully utilized and many things can be placed.
Of course, if you want to pay attention to some design sense, you can design the washing machine and the sink in a staggered layer, showing a patchwork of beauty, and it can also bring a unique atmosphere to a small space.
02 The washing machine and the storage cabinet coexist harmoniously, and one thing is multi-purpose and takes up less space.
If there are many things in the house, consider using more storage cabinets in the bathroom. But in a small space of three square meters, how should the washing machine be placed?
The washing machine, storage cabinet, and sink can be designed as a whole, and the three can use each other to realize their own value, visually beautiful, form a multi-purpose, and occupy a small area.
Suitable: Families with lots of things.
Advantages: One thing is multi-purpose, and it occupies a small area.
03 Maximize the use of corner space
There is always an unexpected room type of an apartment, such as a three-square-meter rectangle, but it happens to be faced with the problem of a lot of things and a lot of demand. The washing machine and the cabinet need to be put in the bathroom. How to achieve it ?
Three walls can be used. The storage cabinets, sinks, and washing machines leaning against the wall can perfectly maximize the use of corner space.
Suitable for: families who have many things and pay attention to space design.
Advantages: The smallest space is used to the maximum.
04 Storage rack: Use the height of space to realize vertical storage.
Different room types and different residents have different requirements for the placement of washing machines. Some people like simple display. Easy to take things, and easy to move the washing machine. In fact, a storage rack can solve all the troubles. The storage rack is light and convenient, and there is no construction problem. You only need to place it in a suitable position, put daily necessities on it, and put a washing machine underneath it to achieve a perfect plan for a small space. This is also a way to achieve vertical storage, which saves more space.
Suitable for: Singles with less things and high requirements for the convenience of life.
Advantages: easy to move, easy to clean, and less costly for decoration.
It is not difficult to stuff a washing machine in a three-square-meter bathroom. The key is to design in combination with different room types. In addition, the living needs and actual conditions of different residents must be considered to create a comfortable and practical bathroom space.
Aquacubic Has Rich Experience and Passion in Bath and Kitchen Industry. We can provide total solution for apartment projects.
After the shower is turned off, the water still runs. Is it a quality problem?
Have you encountered a problem like this? After the shower was turned off, the water still ticked out. Sometimes after turning off for a long time, the water still flows out suddenly, and it flows fast. This is how it happened. Today, let's take a look at "The sudden water flow problem after the shower is turned off".
Regarding this problem, at first it was suspected that it was a shower quality problem. In order to clarify it, we also specially checked our showers, but this kind of situation still occurs. Later, we asked a professional to figure out that the water running after the shower was turned off was because of the water stored in the top spray and the shower pipe.
Professional explanation: In order to pursue the comfort of showering, the current shower head sprays are very large. The bigger it is, the more water there is after turning off the faucet. After use, the air pressure inside the shower is in equilibrium with the atmospheric pressure, so the water inside will not flow out temporarily. After some time, the water will flow out when the balance is lost. This is a problem with large-top showers. It is not that the shower is leaking or broken, so you can rest assured if you encounter this problem. If it is a constant dripping and leaking, then it is a quality problem.
So what should I do if the shower really leaks?
Analyze the factors of the shower leakage first. The main points are as follows:
1. The shower nozzle is blocked. If it is used for a long time, the water output will become smaller. If the water quality is not good, the water contains a lot of alkali, and scale deposits on the water outlet cause the shower to be blocked. At this time, it has to be resolved by the seller of the shower. Therefore, it is very important to choose a reliable seller.
2. Shower plating. Many people have found that the surface paint on the shower can peel off. It will be ugly after the paint is peeled off. If you have just bought a shower that has this problem, it will affect the appearance. In addition, some poor-quality showers will block because of paint falling off. So we have to take a closer look at the surface of the purchased shower for these problems.
When purchasing a shower, you must carefully observe whether the surface of the shower is smooth or not. If it is rough to the touch, it may be processed twice.
3. The material of the shower. Some showers are made of plastic or cast iron. The plastic shower head may contain a lot of waste material, and the service life will not be long. Of course, some hand showers that use plexiglass, ABS and other materials are still very good. However, it is not recommended that you choose the shower head made of cast iron, which is easy to rust. Many people who chose this shower are very regretful, because it didn't take long for it to rust. It's ugly, and it also blocked the water outlet and broke the entire shower. At present, the better material is copper.
After knowing the reason, we can come to a solution. There are mainly the following solutions for leakage in the shower:
1. Leakage at the steering ball of the shower head. First unscrew the shower head from the steering ball ring, find the O-ring or similar seal inside and replace it, and then turn the shower head back. Just go to the original position.
2. Leakage occurs at the joint of the handheld shower. Select the right size shower hose and shower head according to the specifications, replace its rubber ring, and reinstall it.
3. Water leakage caused by gravel or sediment. Unscrew the shower head for cleaning. If necessary, soak the parts with vinegar and scrub the parts. Take care to avoid scratching it. If the shower head is an adjustable spray type, carefully check all movable parts for signs of excessive wear. If the rotating handle cannot move smoothly, the internal cam may be broken, and the entire shower head needs to be replaced.
4. The spray mode from the shower head becomes a mixture of spray and rain mode. If the shower is used for a long time, the water output will decrease. It may be because the water quality is not good, the water contains a lot of alkali, and the scale deposits on the water outlet cause the shower to be blocked. It is also very simple to solve. For the shower head designed with silica gel particles, just gently knead it. If the scale is serious, you can put white vinegar in a plastic bag, wrap the shower and soak for some time, then rinse with water.
Aquacubic is a professional manufacturer for bath and kitchen products since 2010. We can provide full solution for construction project contractors and wholesalers.
The products include faucets, sinks, basins, bathroom accessories, shower sets, shower rooms, ceramic basins, bathtubs, etc.
Look forward to cooperating with you.
Thanks a lot!
When decorating kitchens and bathrooms, many people worry about whether to choose an above counter sink or an under counter sink. The above counter sink and the under counter sink have their own advantages and disadvantages. Which one to choose depends on your own preferences.
There is a difference between the definition of the above counter sink and the under counter sink in the kitchen and bathroom, we will analyze them separately.
Above Counter Sink:
Above counter sink installation is the most common and simplest. The opening size of the countertop is slightly smaller than the size of the sink, so that the sink can be placed on the countertop, and then a circle of glass glue can be applied around it.
The above counter sink is easy to install, and there is no need to worry about deguming if the load is too heavy. It is also convenient to change the sink later, just scrape off the glass glue and replace the sink. The space left under the sink can be about 3 cm higher than the under counter sink.
It is inconvenient to clean the countertop in future use. The sides of the sink and the countertop are sealed with glass glue. After a long time, the glass glue is easy to mold and turn black.
Under Counter Sink:
There are also two ways to install the under counter sink. One is to make a hole on the counter slightly smaller than the outer edge of the sink. The other is to cut a hole according to the inner edge of the sink.
The under-counter sink is very easy to take care of, and the countertop is easy to clean. It is integrated with the countertop and more concise.
Relatively speaking, the installation of the under-counter sink is more troublesome. The gap between the countertop and the sink is bonded with a strong adhesive. If you want to replace the sink, you may need to replace the countertop as well. In addition, no matter how strong the glue is, and the load-bearing capacity is uncertain, there is a risk of falling from the counter. General washing and load-bearing of pots and pans will not cause problems.
Above Counter Basin
The basin above the countertop is called the above counter basin. The installation of the above counter basin is relatively simple, just cut a hole on the countertop according to the installation drawing. Then place the basin in the hole and fill the gap with glass glue.
Above counter basins are more beautiful in shape and have a wide variety of types. You can choose according to your favorite style. Easy to install and remove. If you want to replace it with a new basin, you can directly remove it and install a new one.
One is that it is troublesome to clean the countertop, and there is a hygienic corner between the basin and the wall. The second is that the glass glue is used to bond the basin and the countertop, and the glass glue is easy to turn black or mildew after a long time.
Under Counter Basin
The biggest advantage is that it is easy to clean, and there will be no hygienic dead angle. The basin area is more clean and tidy.
Similar to the kitchen sink, it is still a problem of installation and replacement. And the style of the under-counter basin is fixed, so it is impossible to make more choices in the shape.
In summary, the above counter basin and the under counter basin have their own advantages and disadvantages. Simply put, people who want to clean more easily can choose under counter basins in both the kitchen and the bathroom. For the convenience of installation and replacement, or for those who have styling requirements for the bathroom, an above counter basin can be selected.
The bathroom is used for bathing, washing, dressing, and indoor toileting. It is a frequently used home space. But the bathroom space only accounts for a small part of the overall home space. In the limited area, bathroom storage becomes very important.
It doesn't matter if you didn't plan the storage space when you renovated the bathroom at the beginning. Recommend 5 bathroom storage products to make your bathroom space organized.
1. Multifunctional Shelf
Wash away all fatigue and awaken physical and mental energy. The small bathroom is actually our energy gas station. Every morning and evening, we will spend some time alone with "it". The bathroom is a very important space in the home. The area of this space is small, but there are a lot of items that need to be accommodated. Therefore, the storage in many people's homes has become a big problem.
The multifunctional shelf solves this problem for everyone. Placed in the bathroom to store up some odds and ends. It looks neat and beautiful. And the simple structure makes it easy to clean. Moisture-proof and ventilated, it is a good storage item. It is effectively matched with the bathroom space.
2. Triangle Shelf
Another essential piece of hardware in the shower area is the triangle shelf. You can usually put shampoo, shower gel, skin care products, razor, etc. The racks are distinguished according to the installation position. There are ordinary rectangular racks, which are installed on a wall. There is also a tripod, installed at the junction of two walls.
This shelf uses a triangular design, simple in shape, beautiful and high-end, very suitable for modern bathroom design. Exquisite corner design, effective use of space. The weight-bearing capacity is also top-notch, meeting the needs of life.
3. Towel Rack
The towel rack is a must-have item for the bathroom, which integrates practicability and aesthetics. Nowadays, there are generally products such as single rod, double rod, multi-rod on the market.
The towel rack has good moisture resistance, corrosion resistance, compression resistance and high temperature resistance. The design of split layer and widening of the bars are adopted to prevent the towels from sticking to each other. Can be very moisture-proof and easy to take. Large space capacity. The lower bar can be used to hang towels. The upper layer can be used to put clean bath towels or clean clothes.
4. Multifunctional Paper Tissue Holder
A good tissue holder can last for many years. It is not only a tissue holder, but also a shelf. The mobile phone can be placed to free your hands temporarily. You can also put some aromatherapy or green plants and other small objects on it. The multifunctional paper towel rack adopts an open design, so you can know the remaining amount of paper tissue at any time, and no longer have to worry about being trapped in the toilet because there is no paper.
Suspended design, hygienic and moisture-proof. The roll of paper keeps a certain distance from the wall. The paper towel does not come into close contact with the wall.
5. Toilet Brush Holder
It is not hygienic to put the toilet brush on the ground, so there is a toilet brush holder. It is clean and tidy, and beautiful. The toilet brush holder uses high-quality stainless steel to make the bracket, which is waterproof, wear-resistant and not easy to corrode, and is not affected by water vapor and damp walls in the bathroom space. Long-term use is more assured.
Upgraded one-piece casting base design, meticulous workmanship, practical and durable. The simple style is highly integrated with the bathroom environment and enhances the bathroom style.
It is "too difficult" to put bottles and cans in a small bathroom. Organize items in a planned way and add storage items reasonably to make the bathroom space more tidy. Let's expand the small space from now on, let's take action!
In 2021 the U.S. kitchen and bathroom market is expected to reach $158.6 billion.
The United States is the world's largest importer of kitchen and bathroom products. For exporters of kitchen and bathroom products, the US market is very important. In January 2021, the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) released the "2021 Market Outlook Report". The report shows that the U.S. kitchen and bathroom industry will continue to grow, and the overall expenditure on kitchen and bathroom projects will increase in the coming year.
The industry predicts that after the overall decline of 5.9% in the U.S. kitchen and bathroom industry in 2020, it will reach 158.6 billion U.S. dollars in 2021, an increase of 16.6%, and an increase of 9% in 2018 and 1% in 2019. At the same time, it is expected that the growth of new houses will exceed 22%, while the renovation project will increase by 10%. High-end and mid-range projects are expected to lead, both of which are expected to increase by 20% than last year.
U. S. homeowners believe that the kitchen and bathroom area are twice as important as other spaces in the house. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the role of the kitchen is particularly prominent. 70% of homeowners believe that the kitchen is extremely important, compared to the previous proportion 64%.
With people's renewed attention to these family areas, the industry expects that large-scale interior renovation projects, including kitchen renovations, will usher in a new round of changes. This year may see a shift from the DIY in 2020 to the need for professional installers for kitchens and bathrooms. Many of these projects were delayed during the pandemic due to the risk of installation personnel carrying virus.
The report pointed out some motivations and inspirations to continue to promote the renovation project:
Although large-scale and more professional projects are planned to increase this year, saving money (attention 25%), project execution in leisure time (attention 23%), and health and safety issues (22%) are the main reasons for the increase in DIY.
Residents said that improving the aesthetics of the house was the main motivation for renovating the bathroom (16%) and kitchen (15%), followed by maximizing the quality and durability, and increasing the value of the house.
Houseowners pursuing cost-effectiveness and maximizing the use of existing budgets focus on renewing cabinets (52% of projects), plumbing (43% of projects), smart home products (57% of projects), and water purification systems (54% of projects) .
Family income and family member structure both affect the cost of kitchen renovation. "Mature families", that is, families with members over 45 years old and no children, have the highest percentage of upgrades to advanced functions in the kitchen.
Google search and social media are the main sources of inspiration for kitchen and bathroom renovations. Most owners stated that they rely on more than one source for inspiration. Young single homeowners or couples tend to rely more on Google and Instagram, while adults over 45 prefer to know what the other families did.
Economic factors that may affect renovation activities include:
1. A 10% increase in the operating rate of single-family housing in 2020 will drive a 17% increase in new residential building materials in 2021.
2. Of the total expenditure on residential kitchens and bathrooms, new houses accounted for 57%, reaching US$90 billion; residential renovations accounted for 43%, reaching US$68.6 billion.
3. Mortgage interest rates, which are about 1% lower than 2020, will continue to drive the home buying boom.
4. As the US houses for sale hit a record low, the price of stock houses will usher in price increase, which will indirectly promote house renovation rather than purchase of new houses.
5. The research report predicts that, driven by supply shortage and potential demand, total house prices will appreciate by about 31% between 2020 and 2023.