The sink must be installed in the bathroom? Take a look at these locations that may be more suitable for sinks in your new home!
As a patient with lazy cancer, where to put the sink determines how many steps I have to take to wash my hands. Do I have to go to the bathroom after eating snacks and watching a drama at night, and getting up to wash my hands? Can't the sink be placed at the door? Put it under my nose? Or even in the balcony close to me? The answer is yes.
01. Where should the sink be moved out of the bathroom?
In order to make it easier for you to use, we will give you a few common places to put the sink. It can be installed in the hallway. There may be few people who think of this, but it is very common in Japan. As long as space permits, they will find a way to add a sink near the hallway so that they can wash their hands as soon as they enter the house. In addition, the sink can also be used as a partition of the entrance, so that even the entrance hall is made.
Put the sink on the aisle at the entrance of the bathroom. In this way, the dry and wet separations can be easily realized. Because the washbasin only occupies a small area, the total space will not become small.
If you are worried that the total appearance will be affected by putting it outside, and later storage can not be done well and it is messy, you can directly weaken it visually during the renovation by adding a wall to enclose it.
Wooden fences or glass can also be used as partitions, and cabinets can be used for storage on top.
The glass partition can prevent water from splashing everywhere when washing hands, and keep the space visually transparent.
If there is a gap between two rooms, you may consider putting the sink here. Such as between two bedrooms, between the kitchen and the bathroom, etc.
The advantage of this is that it can make full use of the space and avoid the waste of repeated settings. At the same time, it can also have the function of dividing space. It can also be installed on the balcony. Modern people spend most of their time in the living room. If you put the sink on the balcony closest to the living room, because there is plenty of light and the view is open, will you feel better when you wash your hands?
We can also put the washing machine next to it, throw the clothes in and wash them.
It is relatively rare to install on the dressing table. A dressing table can be placed in the bedroom to store all kinds of small things, and it can be combined with the sink. Sinks can be installed in the bathroom, outside the bathroom, or between the cloakroom and the bathroom.
According to our thoughts, these may seem strange, but starting from the owner’s living habits, it seems to be a reasonable design. Tip: The disadvantage of placing the sink outside the bathroom is the laying of water and sewage and waterproofing. Need to discuss with construction workers in advance and implement as required. Waterproofing should also be done well. It is recommended to follow the waterproof standard of the dry area of the bathroom, and apply waterproof paint at least 30cm high on the wall near the sink and on the floor. Secondly, there is no door to block the washbasin outside. If the storage is not done properly, the messy scene will be directly exposed. Therefore, the corresponding storage function must be done well, and the choice of towels even become stricter. Otherwise sit in the living room and see a messy washing area.
02. An easy-to-use sink can be like this.
In addition to moving the washbasin, its appearance and comfort should also keep up. You need to know the following knowledge. The style of the washbasin: Above counter basin and under counter basin. Above counter basin has a super good looking. In addition to square, round, oval, there may be other petal shapes to choose from. Generally they can be matched with high body faucets.
The under-counter basin is installed under the countertop and glued to the countertop from bottom to top. The advantage is that it is very convenient to clean the countertop. It is very common to have water on the countertop, you can easily wipe the water into the basin. It is more convenient to have a mirror cabinet, and the storage capacity can be improved a lot. Some mirror cabinets are fully enclosed, and some are partially open for storage. What kind of mirror cabinet to choose depends on your living habits.
Light is a top requirement for looking in a mirror. Most people may only install a mirror headlight above the mirror. In fact, the best way is to set up lights on the left and right sides of the mirror, which is about one person wide. Many professional dressing tables are set up in this way.
Double Basin Design
The double basin design can improve life efficiency. For example, a family of four has to go to school and work at the same time. And two people washing together is also very warm. Of course, double basins may only be suitable for large bathroom space.
It can be a basin or not. An artistic design. For example, in a retro-style home, try a bicycle wash basin.
There are also a few stacked stones. Is there a trace of natural "spring" style when the water runs out from the stone?
If you like minimalist style, consider this transparent glass wash basin.
If you want to realize the separation of dry and wet, but in the small area of the bathroom it cannot be realized, the above method can be considered. It is indeed completely reasonable and feasible to move the sink out.
When designing a functional kitchen, the rule of triangles should be kept in mind. That is, the sink, stove and refrigerator are arranged in a triangle. The L-shaped kitchen fits this triangle shape very well. The L-shaped layout is most suitable for small and medium-sized kitchens. The first-class kitchen is not only about the layout, but also about creating delicious food through the inspiration of the right layout.
1. The large patterned backsplash and striped floor are the highlights of this colorful kitchen. A small semi-circular breakfast bar is set up on one side of the room, allowing guests to have conversations with busy chefs, or have a quick snack or a morning coffee here.
2. This red kitchen has an open shelf filled with useful decorative items.
3. Colorful furniture and hardware accessories work well when paired with white or light-colored upper wall cabinets, so as not to oversaturate the space.
4. Since the L-shaped kitchen only uses two walls, they naturally open up the space. This is an ideal kitchen, a natural connection with the living room or dining room.
5. Using eye-catching design features, a black wall cabinet is installed on one wall of the kitchen. Formed to correspond to the light-colored cabinet on the other wall.
6. By adding carpets, the space feels more rectangular. Place a tall decorative vase on the floor at the end of the floor-to-ceiling cabinet to soften the appearance of hard edges.
7. If the budget allows, please use some retractable doors to replace the kitchen wall on one side, leading directly to the outdoors. The added natural light and space to overlook will truly change your kitchen.
8. A large floor-to-ceiling window with a view of the garden can also bring great satisfaction. The shutters here are wooden, matching the horizontal strips around the kitchen cabinets. Several geometrically shaped succulent flower pots match the backsplash, forming a perfect modern pattern.
9. This yellow L-shaped kitchen with breakfast bar is equipped with a matching yellow refrigerator.
10. Decorate the blank kitchen walls with some printed art, which is also a good way to mark dining spots.
11. Even if the counter extends beyond the "L" here, it is added to the overall design because it brings ingenious inspiration to the L-shaped kitchen with corner windows.
12. The display of decorative wood board is a beautiful and suitable terminal.
13. There is a luminous wooden slit between the crisp white cabinets, which looks clean and inviting.
14. Build a squatty vacant storage space in the L-shaped wall cabinet. For example, this white frame kitchen design with wooden color.
15. The wine cabinets standing high in this black kitchen are sure to delight the guests!
16. Large plants are placed on the edge of the L-shaped kitchen. The LED-lit bookshelf brightens the wooden functional wall.
17. Another wine rack in the L-shaped kitchen with a peninsula.
Ideal life starts here.
Home, as a refueling station for happiness, is not just a place to rest, but a pleasant space that carries our stories and emotions. So it must be comfortable enough to be lazily for a whole day; it must be sunny enough to bloom every day's good mood; it must be warm enough to speed up our pace of going home.
The ideal life can start from creating a comfortable bathroom. The comfort of the bathroom space is related to the quality of life and the pleasant mood of the day. If the decoration is not good, how to start a happy life?
The morning starts from washing in the bathroom, ushering in a good time of the day; the relaxing moment when you go home after a day of work, and the hearty bathing, will restore your vitality to yourself.
Let there be a lot of things outside, leave a corner quietly in the room.
Under the dim sky, admire the bright moon.
Talk about the wonderful life with your lover.
Continue the romantic vow of "hold your hand, grow old with you".
Enjoy every inch comfortable cozy time with your heart.
Shakespeare wrote: "There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people's eyes." There are also a thousand homes in a thousand people's eyes. So what are the home design styles that current couples love? How to create a sense of happiness at home in the two-person world?
Choose Home Style:
01 Simple Style
The world of young people is always simple and beautiful. The simple style is not only the simplification of design elements, but also the serenity, comfort and warmth of a two-person home.
02 Modern Style
Sweet time is always quiet and happy. The modern style pursues the practicality and flexibility of the space. Through the mutual penetration of functional spaces, and the transparency of simple wide areas, it can give romantic couples more practical applicability.
03 Nordic Style
The romantic two-person world is always sweet and warm. The Nordic style with logs and white as the main colors, from layout planning to detailed experience, gives people a simple, fresh and natural feeling. It adds points to sweetness.
Use Decoration Skills:
As a two-person home, it is necessary to clarify the living requirements before decoration design. Do a good job of space planning. Increase the functional area as much as possible, and pay attention to the following two decoration tips:
01 Choose Light And Medium Colors To Extend The Space:
Choose bright colors in an exclusive space suitable for two people to live in. The visual sense will be strong. In terms of color, light tones and intermediate colors should be selected as the basic tone of furniture, bedspreads, sofas, and curtains, supplemented by low chroma space. Extend the space to form a warm home atmosphere.
02 Choose A Uniform Material:
The home for two embraces warmness and brightness. The color of the ground can be used in the color system with strong brightness and low purity. Use pebbles to make its own guiding line. In the flowing atmosphere of light and shadow, feel the quiet time between two people.
Create A Home Style That We Love
01 Living Room:
As the most functional area in the home, the living room can not only meet guests and friends, hold small family gatherings, but also entertain and relax the body and mind. Before decoration, you can use the open design to expand the space in the living room. If you seldom meet guests at home, you can also change the living room to a study room to create a small and flexible two-person world.
One-third of a person’s life is spent in sleep. The bedroom of two people should be kept in a clean and tidy color, interspersed with delicate small objects. Create a romantic and warm atmosphere, so you can feel the pleasure and relax as soon as you enter the room.
Japanese writer Yoshimoto once wrote in "The Kitchen": "In this world, I think my favorite place is the kitchen." The expectation of a better life in the couple's room has been witnessed by the kitchen. Even if the space in the house is small, a small round table can be placed next to the sofa, which is enough to make the most romantic dinner for two people.
As a frequently used area in the home, the bathroom is small, but it is a very important part of the decoration. If the decoration design is not in place, it will affect the happiness of family living. Therefore, before the decoration design, while focusing on individualized and practical design, it is also necessary to control all the details of the bathroom to prevent the lovers' daily life from being affected.
Recommend 1: Black Shower Head and Handle Set
A shower helps you wash away the exhaustion caused by a busy day’s work. While getting rid of the fluctuating water flow, enjoy a new comfortable shower experience. Let your body and mind get a great relaxation and rest. The water flow is smooth and not easy to be blocked, bringing a more hearty shower experience. The unique in-wall waterway design, simple silicone surface, and smooth lines make people feel friendly and comfortable, and also increase the overall beauty and sense of space.
Recommendation 2: Bathtub
At the end of a day's work, go home and soak in a comfortable hot bath. Lazy, relaxed and at ease. But many can't pick a bathtub, and worry about wasting space and interfering with the normal use of other bathroom functions. Don't panic. Aquacubic can help. A variety of product specifications can meet different needs. The soft arc, elegant design, and unique color matching enhance the fashion sense and decorative effect of the entire bathroom. The pure white color satisfies the sense of cleanliness. Enjoy the clean experience easily. When you take a bath, you can enjoy the moment of immersing your body in warm water, relieve fatigue and decompression, which greatly satisfies the lovers' pursuit of high-quality life.
Practical and comfortable household products simplify the steps of life, improve the quality of life, and enhance the sense of happiness in life. Work with Aquacubic to create a sweet and warm home for two people, enjoy the love and care given to each other, and let the love heat up.
Of course it does.
What is a wall-mount faucet?
The wall-mounted faucet is to install the water supply pipe in the wall. The faucet is independent, and the wash basin is also independent. The washbasin does not need to be connected with the faucet, so there are more free choices in the washbasin shape. There are more diversified washbasin choices in different spaces and environments.
The place where the washbasin and the faucet are connected is usually the place where rust and bacteria breed the most. With separate faucets and wash basins, you don't have to worry about cleaning these locations.
Two Types of Wall-mounted Faucets.
1. Single Handle Single Hole Wall-mount Mixer Faucet
2. Single Handle Double Hole Wall-mount Mixer Faucet
3. Single Handle Wall-mount Mixer Faucet with Rough-in Valve
Double handle wall-mount faucet means that the hot and cold water are controlled separately. The left is hot and the right is cold, and the water outlet is in the middle. The copper color part in the picture is the concealed part.
The above are several common wall-mount faucets.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wall-mount Faucet
1. Save space. In-wall faucets generally save space and free up space on the countertop.
2. Easy to clean. It is more convenient to clean the countertop.
3. It is highly decorative. It can increase the diversity of bathroom decoration and make the space more tidy.
1. The price is more expensive. The price and installation cost of the wall-mounted faucet is higher than that of the ordinary faucet.
2. Trouble with installation. Need to ask professional installers to install.
3. Trouble with maintenance. Many parts are installed in the wall. So if something goes wrong, it will be troublesome to repair.
Precautions for the Installation of In-wall Faucets.
1. Due to the concealed installation, the wall-mounted faucet must be installed in the wall together with the water pipe during decoration. Therefore, it is necessary to choose the faucet style before the decoration.
2. Do not remove the protective cover of the product during the decoration construction process to avoid damage to the product.
3. Be sure to pressurize the product to test whether it leaks. Make sure that the water pipe is connected correctly.
4. The sundries at the connection must be removed before installation to avoid blockage or water leakage.
5. The installation height is best controlled at a height of 15~20cm above the basin. The height above the ground is 95cm~100cm.
6. After installing the faucet, attach the wall tiles, etc.
So should you choose an in-wall faucet?
1. The wall-mounted faucet has high appearance and can be matched with various decoration styles according to your own preferences.
2. The wall-mounted faucet has a miraculous effect when used in a bathroom with a relatively compact space, which can save a lot of space.
3. The main concern for the wall-mounted faucet is maintenance, worrying about water leakage. In fact, the wall-mounted faucet is similar to the shower at home. The technology is very mature. It's already very popular.
We can make a comparison with ordinary faucets:
1. The connection method is different: ordinary faucet is connected to the water outlet through angle valve and hose to supply water. The wall-mounted faucet is connected to the water outlet through the concealed part to supply water. The concealed part and the water outlet are installed as a whole. As far as the connection method is concerned, there are fewer steps for the wall mount faucet.
2. Different accessories: common faucet accessories are angle valve, hose and faucet. The wall-mounted faucet accessories are concealed parts and faucets. Because there are no fittings such as angle valves and hoses, the possibility of water leakage from the faucet is lower.
The more complicated the connection method, the more connection points, the more hidden dangers. The hidden danger of in-wall faucets is actually smaller.
So you can buy the wall-mounted faucet with confidence. Ask a professional to install it. There is no problem.
After installation, its usefulness depends on the size of the basin and bathtub. Therefore, when purchasing, you must first know the distance between the basin / the bathtub and the wall. When selecting a wall mount faucet, the length of its spout must be selected correctly. The spout of the faucet should not be close to the edge of the basin or bathtub, otherwise it will affect the convenience of use. It is best to choose a faucet made of copper and a ceramic valve core, because of its good sealing performance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
Although the bathroom is small, it is a very important part of the decoration and is closely related to our lives. Everyday life starts here and ends here; if the decoration is not good, it can drive you crazy every day. The toilet is broken, the shower is blocked, and so on.
In the process of using the bathroom, some problems are always prone to occur. Therefore, when decorating the bathroom, it is necessary to control all aspects of the details in order to avoid the impact of daily life as much as possible.
Four Matters Needing Attention in Bathroom Decoration
1. Spare more power sockets and water outlets
Many people often forget to spare more power sockets and waterways during bathroom decoration. Changing smart toilets and heated towel rails in the later period will easily cause inconvenience.
2. The problem of wall and floor tiles
Before laying the floor tiles, do a water leakage experiment for at least 24 hours. Go downstairs to see if there are any signs of water leakage. The floor tiles are aligned with the wall tiles. When laying the floor tiles, ensure that the brick surface has a slope of about 1°towards the floor drain.
3. Separate dry and wet spaces
If the bathroom does not separate from wet and dry, it is easy to cause the water in the shower to splash everywhere. Easy to slip and fall. It is not conducive to cleaning and can not keep the bathroom dry.
4. The problem of replacing ordinary toilets with smart toilets.
When installing an ordinary toilet, users generally did not consider the subsequent transformation of the water circuit, and did not spare a strong electric power supply, socket and water circuit in the toilet position. It will be more difficult to use a smart toilet in the future. The pit distance should also be considered when installing the toilet.
Six FAQ about Bathroom Decoration
1. Which is more practical, shower room or bathtub?
In general, the shower room should be more practical than the bathtub. The shower is timely, convenient and practical, and relatively hygienic. For ordinary families, many people use it only once a year after the bathtub is installed. Most of them are used to soak clothes and curtains.
2. Is the shower curtain easy to use?
For small apartments, the area of the bathroom is relatively small. Glass partitions can make the already small bathroom appear more crowded. If the shower curtain is used as a partition, the entire space becomes much more spacious after unfolding. The shower curtain can also realize the function of separating dry and wet, preventing water from splashing out of the shower.
3. Choose mosaic for bathroom decoration, or is pure black and white more practical?
Mosaic decoration effect is good, but the material price and labor cost are more expensive. If you want to install a towel bar or shelf where the mosaic is used, you can only choose to use the expansion screw method, and it is more difficult to use the suction cup type. Mosaic is not easy to take care of, and it is easy to hide dirt. So try to use it in dry areas.
4. How to choose above counter basin and under counter basin?
The above counter basins have many shapes, large choices and ideal decoration effects. The installation is simple and convenient, and the maintenance is convenient in the future. If it breaks, remove the glue and pick it up directly from the countertop to repair it. However, when using the above counter basin, the water is easy to splash outside. You have to wipe the countertop after washing your face. The key is that there are dead spots that are difficult to wipe. For people who do not have a laundry balcony and like to wash their clothes by hand, it is recommended to choose a larger and deeper basin. Washing your face is the next thing, and you have to have a place to wash your clothes.
The under-counter basin is embedded in the middle of the countertop, which is more beautiful than the above-counter basin, and the basin surface is lower than the countertop. Water on the countertop can be easily poured or wiped into the basin, which makes it more hygienic.
5. How to install floor drain and socket ?
The location of the floor drain needs to be carefully considered, preferably on one side of the floor. If it is in the middle of the bathroom, the floor drain will not be the lowest point no matter how the tiles are inclined. Setting up well the location of the floor drain can avoid the problem of water accumulation.
The socket should be designed with a switch, especially the socket of the electric water heater should be equipped with a switch. You also need to spare a few more next to the sink to charge the common appliances such as hair dryers, razors, and electric toothbrushes. Electricity safety has never been a small issue, so special attention must be paid!
6. Why install the bathroom exhaust fan ?
The bathroom at home is relatively humid, which can easily breed bacteria, which affects our health. So everyone will install an exhaust fan in the bathroom, which solves the problem of damp space and keeps the bathroom fresh air at the same time.
There are no ifs in life, and even more for decorations. There is no what ifs after the decoration is finished. In order to avoid this kind of regret, we summarized many kitchen decoration experiences for you.
1. The most durable cabinet door panel is the fireproof panel, the shortest life span is the blister, the most non scratch resistant is the painted, the most expensive is the solid wood, and the cheapest is the double veneer.
2. The stainless steel countertop is the most durable, the artificial stone is the least resistant to dirt, and the quartz stone is the most expensive. If used frequently, stainless steel countertops are the most suitable. If the color tone is cold, you can use panels and tiles appropriately.
3. The stainless steel embossing countertop is less scratched than the brushed countertop.
4. The stove must have small openings on the surface to prevent the soup from overflowing into the stove.
5. The sink must have a bottom grid to prevent the sewer from being blocked and to facilitate cleaning.
6. When renovating water pipe and electricity, you must think about the cabinet layout and electrical requirements. Be sure to reserve enough sockets. It is better to keep sockets on the front and rear walls. Waterproof covers are not necessary.
7. If most of the gas pipes are wrapped in the cabinet, it is best to leave a gas alarm socket.
8. The tiles in the kitchen can be matte or polished, which are easier to clean. Don't choose pitted or rough models, which are difficult to take care of.
9. If you rarely cook, consider an open style. If cook much, it is safer to be closed. No matter how good a range hood is, it is impossible to suck all the fumes away.
10. The hose must be replaced every two years.
11. In addition to the main valve, it is better to have separate valves for gas stoves and gas water heaters, so that they can be closed easily when problems occur.
12. The sink drain must be made S-bend, otherwise the smell will return.
13. Do not apply glue between the stove and the countertop to facilitate safety inspection.
14. When installing the side range hood, it is better to be as close to the stove as possible.
15. If you install an ordinary or European-style range hood, it is better to install a thin stainless steel plate on the tile around the stove, so that it can be easily cleaned.
What kind of faucet is good?
Is it expensive? Seriously, price is one aspect of course. We must also consider these:
1. Faucet Cartridge
Cartridge is the heart of the faucet. According to the material, there are ceramic cartridges, stainless steel cartridges, and brass cartridges available on the market.
After the faucet has been used a long time, there may be a dripping problem. We may think the handle is not closed tightly or the handle is loose. In fact, the problem is often not the handle, but the cartridge hidden inside is beginning to age. The quality of the cartridge is a decisive factor affecting the service life of the faucet.
Ceramic cartridge is currently the mainstream cartridge on the market. It is wear-resistant, high-temperature and aging resistant, not easy to rust, good sealing, long service life, and less water pollution. Stainless steel and brass cartridges are also good choices. But bad brass and stainless steel materials are easy to rust, accumulate scale and affect water quality.
The Aquacubic cartridge is of higher quality than ordinary cartridges. It is made of ceramic and is integrally sealed with glue. It can adapt to various environments to ensure that the faucet will never leak under any severe conditions. It is durable, energy-saving and environmentally friendly.
2. Surface Coating
The surface coating is related to the corrosion resistance of the surface of the faucet.
In this regard, the electroplating corrosion resistance test in China is divided into 1-10 grades, and the tenth grade is the best. Aquacubic faucet can pass 24-hour acid salt spray test. The surface treatment reaches the highest tenth level. The surface should be smooth, and there is no uneven rough feeling. And it is corrosion resistant.
Of course, if you want a better coating, you can choose anti-fingerprint brushed nickel finish. Through a special process, the surface of the faucet is not easily stained with fingerprint. The best choice for cleaning enthusiasts.
3. Main Material
The main material is the main part of the water flowing through.
If the main material is not good, it will affect the quality of the water we drink! Two materials, brass and stainless steel, are more common on the market. It is worth noting that 59 brass is relatively high-quality brass material. Inferior brass may cause water pollution. Aquacubic faucet body uses 59 brass. In order to let customers use healthy water, we use low lead brass to minimize the precipitation of harmful substances in waterways and remove harmful heavy metals. Drink healthily and rest assured.