Home decoration is troublesome. Apart from other things, it may be very troublesome to choose the toilet. Although all the toilets on the market only have one function, there are many types. Choose from product details when purchasing. Know these 5 tips before buying a toilet.
1. Tips for Buying a Toilet
1) When selecting, you can tap the outer wall of the toilet gently with your finger. If the voice is hoarse, not clear and loud enough, then the toilet is likely to be internally cracked, or the toilet itself is not burned well.
2) The quality of the toilet depends on the quality of its ceramics. A good ceramic surface is uniformly lubricated and has a soft color. Gently touch the surface of the toilet with your hand. The glaze and embryos are delicate, indicating that the toilet is of good quality; for low- and medium-grade toilets, the glaze is rough and the color is dim, and small holes will be found under the light.
3) Pay attention to the return curve and water tank. Choose a glazed one, so that it is not easy to hide dirt and is easy to clean. When selecting, you must reach into the toilet's drain and touch it to see if the interior is smooth. A good toilet manufacturer will not ignore these two details.
4) Choose a toilet that is washable, otherwise you will definitely worry about cleaning the toilet in the future.
5) Test the flushing effect of the toilet pipe. Under normal circumstances, you must first try flushing before buying a toilet. There are some optimized flushing systems that can control the noise decibels below 50 decibels, which is very suitable for families with babies.
2. Precautions for Purchase of Toilet
1) The maximum flushing volume is below 6L.
2) Its own weight is above 40 kg.
3) Requirements for accessories: there is a delay water inlet valve; the water level difference is within 3mm; the water pressure has a wide range of application.
4) The height of the water seal is 55-60mm.
5) It is preferred that the inner side of the S-curve is also glazed on the toilet.
3. Precautions for Purchasing Smart Toilets:
1) It is recommended to select the instant heating method.
2) The impulse type is recommended for the water outlet method.
3) With power-off flushing function.
4) In addition to hot water washing and hot air drying, there are six mandatory functions: constant water temperature, sensor switch cover, night vision lighting, automatic deodorization, seat heating and seat bacteriostasis.
The shower can be divided into multiple product types according to the water outlet method, installation height, style, etc. When purchasing, pay attention to choosing the most suitable one.
How to judge the shower:
When buying a shower, first find out whether the water effect is good. Secondly, look at whether the surface coating is bright and smooth. Then check whether the shower valve core is made of ceramic, smooth and frictionless. Finally, see whether the shower accessories are appropriate and whether the quality meets the requirements.
Precautions for purchase of shower head:
1. It is recommended to choose ceramic valve core for ordinary shower.
2. Copper is recommended for the main body. Choose at least 59-1 copper, with 59% copper and 1% lead. It is recommended to choose CUPC certified showers.
3. It is recommended to choose a shower set with a lifting bracket and a bath faucet.
4. For those who like top spray and large water output, it is recommended to choose a concealed shower system.
5. Most of the items marked with "pressurized shower" achieve the "pressurized" effect by reducing the water outlet, and it is not very comfortable.
Before deciding to buy a bathtub, the first thing you need to consider is to choose the size of the bathtub according to the area of the bathroom, and set the height of the water outlet. It is also necessary to consider the particularities of family members, such as children, the elderly, and the disabled. When choosing a bathtub, it is best to choose a lower one, and you can also install handrails in an appropriate position. The bathtub itself should also have anti-slip treatment and so on. Relatively speaking, bathtub selection is more complicated.
Bathtub Purchase Skills
Gloss: understand the pros and cons of the material by looking at the surface gloss;
Smoothness: Check whether the surface of the bathtub is smooth by hand;
Firmness: the firmness can be tested by pressing by hand or stepping on the foot;
Sound: It is best to test the water to listen to the sound before buying. Don't choose a bathtub with too much noise.
Precautions for Purchase of Bathtubs:
1) The bathtub area is not very big. It only needs 1.2 square meters to install a standard bathtub.
2) The one-piece bathtub without separation is more practical.
3) It is better to have a hair filter in the water.
4) When choosing a bathtub with massage, bubble or mixed functions, you must try it first, and then choose the one that suits you.
5) Before the completion of the installation, the water storage and discharge experiment must be done under the standard water pressure, and both cold and hot water must be done.
6. Shower Room
Precautions for purchase of shower room:
1) It is recommended to choose anti-fingerprint treated stainless steel for the frame material.
2) It is recommended to choose a sliding door for the shower door. It has advantages over flat doors in terms of space occupation, convenience, and safety.
3) The recommended thickness of tempered glass is 8mm, and the minimum is no less than 6mm.
4) The quality of tempered glass is critical. Need to know about glass manufacturers and choose factories with CCC certification.
7. Bathroom Cabinet
Bathroom cabinets mainly include solid wood bathroom cabinets, ceramic bathroom cabinets, PVC bathroom cabinets, and acrylic bathroom cabinets. The solid wood bathroom cabinet is made of dehydrated solid wood as the base material. It has an exquisite appearance, high grade and good waterproof performance. However, solid wood bathroom cabinets are bulky and prone to cracking and require good maintenance.
Ceramic bathroom cabinets are relatively clean in appearance and easy to take care of, but they are easily damaged. The appearance of PVC bathroom cabinet is more shiny, and the cabinet is lighter, and the waterproof performance is the best. However, PVC bathroom cabinets are easily deformed when subjected to a collision. Acrylic bathroom cabinets are similar to PVC bathroom cabinets, but are more brittle than PVC cabinets, and are prone to scratches and cracks.
Bathroom cabinet selection method:
1) Check whether the bathroom cabinet is damaged, cracked or deformed.
2) Check whether the glazed surface of the bathroom cabinet is flat and whether the surface is cracked.
3) Check whether the various parts of the bathroom cabinet are tightly connected and whether it is used smoothly.
4) Look at the anti-fouling ability of the bathroom cabinet, which can be tested by scribbling and erasing.
Precautions for bathroom cabinet installation:
1) If you have not done in-wall inlet and outlet pipe renovation, it is recommended to choose floor-standing solid wood cabinets.
2) It is recommended that bathroom cabinets with a width of 1.4 meters and above adopt the design of double basins.
3) If the feet of the bathroom cabinet are made of wood, it is recommended to use a thin rubber pad to separate them from the floor.
When installing, there should be a 1cm gap between the bathroom cabinet and the wall to prevent the back panel from contacting the wet wall for a long time to cause get mouldy.
The U.S. home furnishing internet platform HOUZZ recently released the "2019 U.S. Bathroom Trends Research" report, which was conducted for 1,360 owners who refurbished bathrooms in the U.S. The survey results show that in the past year, 88% of respondents have changed the faucet, 83% of the respondents have changed the shower, and 63% of the respondents have changed the toilet. Among them, American owners have shown great interest in products such as large-size showers, smart toilets, and customized bathroom cabinets, and they are more generous in their decoration costs than in previous years.
Water-saving faucets, large showers, smart toilets, custom bathroom cabinets...According to the survey report, the largest number of American owners who renovated their bathrooms in the past year have replaced faucets, accounting for 88% of the respondents. Excluding non-bathroom products, showers (83%), basins (78%), bathroom cabinets (77%), toilets (63%), bathtubs (34%), etc. are followed in order.
More than 80% of the interviewees have replaced the faucet and shower.
In 2019, the faucet was the sanitary product that was replaced by the most American owners, accounting for 88% of the 1,360 respondents. Among them, 33% used water-saving faucets, 16% upgraded sensor faucets, and only 3% continued to use traditional faucets. Among the owners who have replaced the shower head, 57% have replaced the shower system, and 54% bought a larger shower head, 45% have changed the shower layout, and 43% have changed the wall of the shower area .
Large showers are more popular.
The selection rate of smart toilets in American households has risen from 28% to 34% this year. Among the many functions of the smart toilet, self-cleaning is the most popular, followed by hip wash, seat heating, splash water, night light, induction and automatic deodorization. American owners of bathtubs have increased the selection rate of flat-bottomed freestanding bathtubs from 41% last year to 50% this year, which is significantly ahead of mosaic bathtubs (21%), wall-mounted bathtubs (15%) and cat-foot bathtubs (9%). In terms of bathtub materials, acrylic, fiberglass, and enamel cast iron are the most popular in order.
In general, Americans value convenience, comfort, and storage more when replacing sanitary products. This is reflected in specific products. Products such as sensor faucets, smart toilets, flat-bottom bathtubs, custom bathroom cabinets, and double mirrors are becoming more and more popular. China manufacturers that export to the United States can make more efforts in these products.
In addition to products, spatial transformation is also the focus of this investigation. Among the 1,360 respondents, 45% believed that they would relax in the bathroom. They believed that the cleanliness, bathtub, and lighting of the bathroom would help increase the relaxation function of the bathroom. In terms of bathroom style, the most favored one is Transitional. The number of people who choose this style has increased from 16% in 2018 to 21% in 2019. Modern style is also very popular, with a selection rate of 20%, an increase of 5 percentage points from last year. On the contrary, the contemporary style and traditional style continue to fall out of favor, with the selection rate of 16% and 9%, down 4 and 5 points from last year. Finally, the popularity of Farmhouse in the United States is still low.
Transitional style is favored.
In terms of color, the slightly quiet white last year has a trend of recovery. In areas such as bathroom cabinets and counter-tops, most owners choose white. On the floor and wall, the selection rate of white also increased by 3 points and 6 points, reaching 19% and 27%. Especially on the wall, white began to challenge the dominance of gray.
White has a trend of recovery.
For the walls and floors in the shower area, more than half of the interviewees chose ceramic tiles, which is far ahead of marble, granite, slate, and travertine.
After the shower is turned off, the water still runs. Is it a quality problem?
Have you encountered a problem like this? After the shower was turned off, the water still ticked out. Sometimes after turning off for a long time, the water still flows out suddenly, and it flows fast. This is how it happened. Today, let's take a look at "The sudden water flow problem after the shower is turned off".
Regarding this problem, at first it was suspected that it was a shower quality problem. In order to clarify it, we also specially checked our showers, but this kind of situation still occurs. Later, we asked a professional to figure out that the water running after the shower was turned off was because of the water stored in the top spray and the shower pipe.
Professional explanation: In order to pursue the comfort of showering, the current shower head sprays are very large. The bigger it is, the more water there is after turning off the faucet. After use, the air pressure inside the shower is in equilibrium with the atmospheric pressure, so the water inside will not flow out temporarily. After some time, the water will flow out when the balance is lost. This is a problem with large-top showers. It is not that the shower is leaking or broken, so you can rest assured if you encounter this problem. If it is a constant dripping and leaking, then it is a quality problem.
So what should I do if the shower really leaks?
Analyze the factors of the shower leakage first. The main points are as follows:
1. The shower nozzle is blocked. If it is used for a long time, the water output will become smaller. If the water quality is not good, the water contains a lot of alkali, and scale deposits on the water outlet cause the shower to be blocked. At this time, it has to be resolved by the seller of the shower. Therefore, it is very important to choose a reliable seller.
2. Shower plating. Many people have found that the surface paint on the shower can peel off. It will be ugly after the paint is peeled off. If you have just bought a shower that has this problem, it will affect the appearance. In addition, some poor-quality showers will block because of paint falling off. So we have to take a closer look at the surface of the purchased shower for these problems.
When purchasing a shower, you must carefully observe whether the surface of the shower is smooth or not. If it is rough to the touch, it may be processed twice.
3. The material of the shower. Some showers are made of plastic or cast iron. The plastic shower head may contain a lot of waste material, and the service life will not be long. Of course, some hand showers that use plexiglass, ABS and other materials are still very good. However, it is not recommended that you choose the shower head made of cast iron, which is easy to rust. Many people who chose this shower are very regretful, because it didn't take long for it to rust. It's ugly, and it also blocked the water outlet and broke the entire shower. At present, the better material is copper.
After knowing the reason, we can come to a solution. There are mainly the following solutions for leakage in the shower:
1. Leakage at the steering ball of the shower head. First unscrew the shower head from the steering ball ring, find the O-ring or similar seal inside and replace it, and then turn the shower head back. Just go to the original position.
2. Leakage occurs at the joint of the handheld shower. Select the right size shower hose and shower head according to the specifications, replace its rubber ring, and reinstall it.
3. Water leakage caused by gravel or sediment. Unscrew the shower head for cleaning. If necessary, soak the parts with vinegar and scrub the parts. Take care to avoid scratching it. If the shower head is an adjustable spray type, carefully check all movable parts for signs of excessive wear. If the rotating handle cannot move smoothly, the internal cam may be broken, and the entire shower head needs to be replaced.
4. The spray mode from the shower head becomes a mixture of spray and rain mode. If the shower is used for a long time, the water output will decrease. It may be because the water quality is not good, the water contains a lot of alkali, and the scale deposits on the water outlet cause the shower to be blocked. It is also very simple to solve. For the shower head designed with silica gel particles, just gently knead it. If the scale is serious, you can put white vinegar in a plastic bag, wrap the shower and soak for some time, then rinse with water.
Aquacubic is a professional manufacturer for bath and kitchen products since 2010. We can provide full solution for construction project contractors and wholesalers.
The products include faucets, sinks, basins, bathroom accessories, shower sets, shower rooms, ceramic basins, bathtubs, etc.
Look forward to cooperating with you.
Thanks a lot!
If not to consider the faucet valve core and aerator, lead-free brass faucet and general faucet mainly differ in the material and technology.
Ⅰ. Raw Materials
The main raw material of lead-free brass faucet is made of international standard H59 and H62 copper. The casting adopts steel mold for gravity casting with uniform faucet wall thickness of 2.2-3.0 mm.
The main reason for using brass is the antibacterial activity. This can prevent bacteria from growing on the inner wall of the faucet, which is an advantage that other materials (such as stainless steel and plastic) do not have.
Ⅱ. Surface Technology
Surface treatment is very important for lead-free faucet, which is related to the service life, finish and wear resistance of the faucet. High quality faucet surface electroplating is usually mirror effect. It can eliminate secondary water pollution and ensure water safety.
How to judge the quality of the surface treatment of a faucet?
It can be easily judged by the following 3 points:
1. A good faucet will have a moisturizing and shiny surface, while a poor quality will have a dim gloss;
2. A good faucet will have a flat surface, while a poor quality faucet will have a wave surface, even a dent.
3. Good faucets are more wear-resistant, and there are no scratches, but inferior products will have dense scratches on the surface.
Generally, the surface coating of high-quality brass faucet has only 2 layers, and the product can pass 48 hours neutral and 24 hours acid salt spray test.
Ⅲ. Production Process
The production process of faucet is generally the following 16 steps:
copper ingot - dissolution - casting - cleaning after casting - casting inspection - machining - tolerance inspection - grinding - surface inspection - electroplating - electroplating inspection - assembly - pressure test - finished product inspection - packaging - delivery.
Each process has strict requirements for the production process.
The difference of faucet material selection and production technology determines that the price of lead-free brass faucet is generally higher than stainless steel and plastic faucets.
In China some people say that the struggle in the big city is so hard. Why not go to work in a small town? Is it worth struggling to afford a small apartment for a lifetime? I believe many people will find it worthwhile, because in big cities there are opportunities that cannot be found in small towns. The small apartment is not terrible. We can remodel it. As long as we have a dream, everything is possible. The owner Mr. Zhang who lives in Shanghai, like most ordinary citizens, worked hard all the way from the small hometown and finally settled in Shanghai and bought an apartment of 70 square meters. After having a child, Mr. Zhang took his parents from his hometown. A family of 5 squeezed into a small apartment. There was only one bathroom. Every morning and every evening, they were faced with taking turns to line up to take a bath and wash. They had no patience after some time. So he thought about making another shower room, and he can make the most of the balcony. Looking at the balcony that costs him a lot, only used to pile debris and dry clothes, Mr. Zhang felt it was a pity. He had heard of a case of transforming a balcony into a shower room before, so he wondered why not give it a try. If it fails, it will be dismantled after all. After talking to his wife, Mr. Zhang started serious research. After careful study, he summarized the following points to note:
First of all, it must be waterproof. Due to the special location of the balcony, the back may be the living room or bedroom. Considering that moisture may cause mold and peeling on the back wall, it is recommended that the waterproof layer of the wall where the shower is installed is painted as high as possible. The waterproof coating is generally brushed 2~3 times.
Second, make sure that the ground has a slope. The ground also needs to be waterproofed, and it is also necessary to ensure that the ground has a certain slope so that the sewage from the bath is discharged to the drain and will not flow back to the living room or other places.
Third, strengthen heat preservation. There is a big difference between the balcony shower room and the indoor shower room. Generally, the indoor shower room has only one wall with windows, and it can be kept warm by installing a heating system.
Finally, pay attention to the issue of privacy.
After studying how to install it, the next step is to choose a good shower room. Which products can meet this special demand? Because the balcony shower room is unavoidable from the wind and sun, we must pay attention to its material and anti-rust, anti-corrosion, and anti-fading ability. At the same time, pay attention to whether the frame is strong and stable, and the wall of the shower room must be strong.
After comparison, Mr. Zhang finally chose this shower room. This shower room is based on apartment space. The large apartment frame glass curtain wall, angular and cylindrical surfaces make the entire bathroom space richer.
At the same time, automotive-grade toughened glass has a thickness of 10MM, can withstand 700° high temperature, and has a high strength about 5 times that of ordinary glass, with outstanding impact resistance and thermal stability. In addition, EPM steel mold protection is added, so you don't have to worry about the risk of glass bursting. Even if it breaks, it will still stick to the debris to prevent the glass from splashing and hurting people. You can take a shower without restraint.
The door frame, handle and hinge outside the main body of the shower room are all made of high-quality aluminum alloy, and the surface should also be treated with anti-corrosion, anti-rust and anti-oxidation. In this way, there will be no signs of paint falling off after being exposed to the wind and sun on the balcony, and the structure is relatively strong and not prone to deformation.
In addition, the shower room is installed on the balcony. We will most worry about water will flow everywhere. This shower room has a overflow channel and magnetic tape, which can lock the water in all directions. Don't need to worry about getting the living room wet.
There are no ifs in life, and even more for decorations. There is no what ifs after the decoration is finished. In order to avoid this kind of regret, we summarized many kitchen decoration experiences for you.
1. The most durable cabinet door panel is the fireproof panel, the shortest life span is the blister, the most non scratch resistant is the painted, the most expensive is the solid wood, and the cheapest is the double veneer.
2. The stainless steel countertop is the most durable, the artificial stone is the least resistant to dirt, and the quartz stone is the most expensive. If used frequently, stainless steel countertops are the most suitable. If the color tone is cold, you can use panels and tiles appropriately.
3. The stainless steel embossing countertop is less scratched than the brushed countertop.
4. The stove must have small openings on the surface to prevent the soup from overflowing into the stove.
5. The sink must have a bottom grid to prevent the sewer from being blocked and to facilitate cleaning.
6. When renovating water pipe and electricity, you must think about the cabinet layout and electrical requirements. Be sure to reserve enough sockets. It is better to keep sockets on the front and rear walls. Waterproof covers are not necessary.
7. If most of the gas pipes are wrapped in the cabinet, it is best to leave a gas alarm socket.
8. The tiles in the kitchen can be matte or polished, which are easier to clean. Don't choose pitted or rough models, which are difficult to take care of.
9. If you rarely cook, consider an open style. If cook much, it is safer to be closed. No matter how good a range hood is, it is impossible to suck all the fumes away.
10. The hose must be replaced every two years.
11. In addition to the main valve, it is better to have separate valves for gas stoves and gas water heaters, so that they can be closed easily when problems occur.
12. The sink drain must be made S-bend, otherwise the smell will return.
13. Do not apply glue between the stove and the countertop to facilitate safety inspection.
14. When installing the side range hood, it is better to be as close to the stove as possible.
15. If you install an ordinary or European-style range hood, it is better to install a thin stainless steel plate on the tile around the stove, so that it can be easily cleaned.
We all dream of having a spacious bathroom, preferably a separate bathtub and shower, two sinks, and even a comfortable lounge chair to rest after bathing.
So, today we share with you 10 bathroom design principles. You can use some or all of these techniques to double your bathroom space.
01. Use White Color
One of the easiest ways to make a space look spacious is to use a lot of white: white tiles, white wall paint, white accessories, etc. White allows other colors to recede naturally, making the space look bigger. It can reflect any light instead of absorbing it.
The use of white is particularly effective in the bathroom. Since the bathtub, toilet and sink in the bathroom are basically white, the use of other white can make the space seamlessly connected, making the space transparent and creating a sense of expansion.
Using a lot of white does not mean pale and empty, lack of personality. Using different structural elements, such as light-colored stones or tiles with different textures, and a small amount of metal or wood intervention, can maintain a seamless appearance while also presenting the richness of the space.
02. Use Same Style Color
If you are not a fan of white, you can use warm beige, soft gray or even pink (pink blue, pink, etc.) to create a sense of spaciousness. Choose an elegant ceramic tile, and choose the matching color system for the rest of the wall. The overall effect is quiet and warm, and will not cause visual breaks and reduce your sense of space.
03. Use Floating Design
In a compact bathroom, balancing storage needs and a sense of spaciousness and freedom is a tricky issue. The suspended wash basin design is a good solution. It gives you a lot of space to store essentials. The empty space at the bottom is like an entrance and exit for air flow, which does not make people feel oppressed and tense.
04. Less is More
Less is more. If it is not necessary to have a large storage area, use small-sized wash basins to leave more open areas to make the space look bigger. If there is a bathtub next to the toilet, you need to leave enough space.
05. Use a mirror to enlarge the space.
A large enough mirror can double your space, especially in the bathroom. However, this kind of large mirror must be of good quality, and the size and thickness must be accurate, otherwise it will seriously affect the overall layout. A good mirror will have a very powerful effect, and you can make the room look perfect in just a few minutes.
06. Use Glass Doors
Another good way to expand the space is to use glass as a partition for the door or shower room. The visual extension makes the space look bigger. Especially in the shower.
If you are worried about privacy, you can use frosted or tinted glass, which can still achieve the effect of light transmission and will not make you feel cramped and depressed in the shower. If there is no special need, it is recommended to abandon the bathtub and install a shower room. The bathtub consumes a lot of valuable space, and the usage rate is extremely low.
07. Design a Suitable Alcove
Designing an open alcove in a suitable location can not only increase the storage space, but also increase the visual depth, making the wall look far beyond the real distance.
When designing alcove, you must communicate with professionals, because there will be many wires, pipelines, etc. in the wall of the bathroom.
08. Good Lighting
Good lighting is essential to make any space look bigger and more open, especially in bathrooms that don’t usually have much natural light. In addition, you also need good lighting in the bathroom to effectively perform shaving or makeup, so its importance does not need to be emphasized.
The key is to have a rich lighting scheme in the bathroom, and it is best to use multiple light sources in different locations. Ceiling lights (multiple bulbs can be used), or modern edge-lit mirrors will help you avoid shadows and make the space feel bright and open.
09. Create Long Lines
Whether your bathroom is typically rectangular or oddly shaped, you can always find a wall or area that is slightly longer than other places. Adding a shelf, a tile strip, or even a simple striped wall paint to these areas can help you lengthen the longest line in the room and draw the sight to the farthest position, giving the space a sense of extension.
10. Balance the Horizontal and Vertical Ratio
If your bathroom is already very long, narrow and tunnel-shaped, don't emphasize the length anymore, you must think more about stretching the width visually.
For example, in this long and narrow bathroom below, the tiles on the wall and the floor are laid in a horizontal splicing way, which invisibly increases the visual width, and the spatial balance becomes more harmonious.
Buying a new bathroom sink faucet can be a challenging task. You have to consider many factors, such as installation, types, and finishes.
Also, a wide variety of brands and faucets are available. The bathroom sink is a vital fixture, so selecting the correct faucet is essential.
Here are the steps for how to choose a faucet for your bathroom sink.
3 Tips on Choosing a Faucet
If you want to switch from two handles to one, you have to think about the number of holes in the sink.
Most sinks have three holes: one for the hot handle, one for the cold and one under the spout.
Some single-handle faucets include a cover plate to hide the extra holes. But some don't, so check the label.
If you currently have a “wide spread” bathroom faucet with two handles far from the spout,
you can’t switch to a single-handle model.
2. Faucet Types
Ⅰ. Single-hole faucets combine the spout and mixing handles—often a single lever—into one unit that requires only one drilled sink hole.
For retrofits, some models include a bottom plate that will cover existing three-hole openings. Single-hole faucets are ideal for smaller sinks,
such as powder room baths. Their simplicity reflects modern sensibilities.
Ⅱ. Center-set faucets fit standard three-hole sinks (with outer holes drilled 4 inches apart). They'll have either a single lever or
two handles mounted on a 6-inch plate. They're ideal for most bathroom sinks.
Ⅲ. Widespread mounts have three separate pieces: Two handles and the spout.
The standard distance between the handles is at least 8 inches, and the three pieces tend to be larger than other types of bath faucets.
Smaller versions, called minispreads, are designed for standard holes drilled 4 inches apart.
Ⅵ. Wall mount faucets have gained popularity along with freestanding or vessel-type sinks that require longer spouts
that extend well over the top of the bowl. Not every faucet fixture can be easily categorized. Kohler, for example,
makes a faucet that's integrated into a mirrored wall cabinet.
All you see is the tiny flow control lever peeking out from the bottom of your mirrored self.
3. Faucet Finishes
Choose a finish that matches nearby cabinet hardware, towel bars, etc. Mismatches look bad. If you plan to replace existing hardware,
your choice of faucet finishes is wide open. The vast majority of faucets have polished chrome, satin nickel or bronze finishes.
All of these finishes are durable and keep their good looks for years. But some are more durable than others.
Chrome is the most durable finish and the easiest to keep clean-that's why it's always been the favorite
for commercial kitchens and public bathrooms. If your faucet gets heavy use, it's your best bet for long-term toughness.
Nickel finishes are usually labeled “brushed,” “satin” or “stainless steel” and have a dull shine.
They're durable but prone to fingerprints and water spots, so they're harder to keep clean.
Some have a coating that reduces stains and smudges, but that coating isn't as durable as metal and may chip or wear.
Bronze faucets have a brownish tone and are often called “oiled” or “rubbed” bronze.
But the surface is a coating (such as epoxy) rather than metal.
This coating is tough stuff, but can be chipped or scratched more easily than metal.